hermit rx - advice

The Fish

I got the Hermit RX for advice for both myself, and another person related to me, as to what we need to do to face the personal challenges we have with each other.

After looking about I can see two conflicting messages:

1) Hiding away on one's own; rejecting friendships/relationships with others.

2) Stop spending so much time alone, get out in the world and spend more time with people.

What experience and thoughts do others have about the Hermit RX referring to advice?

Many thanks for your input.

SPIRIT HAWK

hi there i would take it the hermit rvsd as stop being so busy , in order to reavalutae you need to take time alone and look within to see waht you really want or waht makes you happy , so i guees that what i would read it as , hope it helps XS-HX

irisa

I often see the Hermit Rx as a fear or suspicion of the outside world that can lead to moodiness or depression and a reluctance to explore new ideas or viewpoints. It can also be the dismissing of sound advice or help, or just be saying... ok already too much thinking now it's time to make decision.

irisa :)

Grizabella

I've always thought of the real hermits as being fearful and suspicious of the outside world which is why they leave society and live in caves so it's hard for me to think of hermits as being anything else. I know some monks may have done it, though, huh?

I'd think of a reversed Hermit as coming back out into society or meaning that you're isolating yourself and shouldn't be so isolated.

pasara

The Fish said:
I got the Hermit RX for advice for both myself, and another person related to me, as to what we need to do to face the personal challenges we have with each other.

What experience and thoughts do others have about the Hermit RX referring to advice?
Speaking generally, since I don't know what the challenges are, I would interpret a reversed Hermit as saying to stop thinking you are going to have all the answers. You need help in solving these problems, through advice, support, or working collaboratively. It could also mean to get out of your head and out in the world, mixing with others will put things in better perspective and bring up your spirits so that you have more energy to face what needs to be dealt with. In other words, this not a time to seek solitude or go it alone, it is time to take advantage of the resources and blessings that being with others can bring.

Hope this helps!

The Fish

Thanks everyone, this has helped greatly.
xx

Nevada

Upright I see the Hermit as withdrawal or time alone to work things out individually, but reversed it's probably a need to come back to the fold, talk to each other again and work things out. Yes, and perhaps to include others, maybe a trusted friend or counselor who can arbitrate some discussion, who won't take sides but will help keep things from going sour until the two work things out.

Rob

This struck me quite simply as "don't be a stranger!" including all connotations of that statement. :)

amaranta_s

If Hermit rx is an advice so it means" don't act like a hermit any more.go to society and be with others"