High Priestess = Romantic Feelings?

piledrivefinger

I did a spread for fun on what my next significant other will be like, and for the position "My overall feelings toward him during the relationship," I got the High Priestess. I've been pondering about this for awhile now, and felt that maybe the High Priestess in this instance could mean that my feelings prompt me to do some serious soul searching re: relationships and him, that I'll gain inner wisdom from being with him. I know that doesn't quite relate to my feelings *about him*, but I'm having troubling relating it. Help?

.traveller.

Sounds right to me. Perhaps you will feel a deep connection that is hard to pin down or describe, you may feel that your friends and family may not understand even if you found the words to express how you felt.

papercut

Readings about future lovers / events are always tricky cos you're basically stabbing around in the dark :)

A couple of ideas -

The HP may signify that you'll feel like you're taking on a mentorship or guidance role to him in some way. Maybe you'll feel like you have something to teach him.

I don't especially associate the HP with psychic abilities and the like, but I know a lot of other people do ... perhaps you will feel like you share a great psychic or spiritual connection with this man.

When it comes to feelings I generally see the HP as being quite guarded with her emotions, and not especially passionate, but I suppose it depends on the other cards.

Whatever you feel for him though, it will not be shallow or fickle, I'd say!

starrystarrynight

Maybe he will be less than demonstrative about his feelings--for you and everything else--so, you will have rely a lot upon your intuition and instinct in your communication with him.

LovelyMissAries

Sometimes the HP can represent "the other woman" perhaps he'll make you feel like a secret or something that should be hidden?

Shebelle

Agree w Starlight -- can be that there will be something clandestine that you will need to keep secret.

SpaceCadet

Yeah like maybe you won't be able to quite figure him out or something about him will make you feel uneasy.

SunChariot

piledrivefinger said:
I did a spread for fun on what my next significant other will be like, and for the position "My overall feelings toward him during the relationship," I got the High Priestess. I've been pondering about this for awhile now, and felt that maybe the High Priestess in this instance could mean that my feelings prompt me to do some serious soul searching re: relationships and him, that I'll gain inner wisdom from being with him. I know that doesn't quite relate to my feelings *about him*, but I'm having troubling relating it. Help?
Maybe it means that you have some unconsious feelings for him that are affecting you but that you are not fully aware of them at the moment. Like maybe unconsiously he reminds you of someone you once knew and something inside you is making the connection and your feelings for the new person are affected by your feelings for that person in your past...or something along those lines.

Just a thought,

Babs

Glass Owl

Starlight09 said:
Sometimes the HP can represent "the other woman" perhaps he'll make you feel like a secret or something that should be hidden?
When this card comes up in my relationship readings it ends up being connected to a secret or hidden knowledge in some way.

piledrivefinger

Thank you so much, everyone, for your comments and insight.

True, readings on future events do feel like stabbing around in the dark, but sometimes I do these "future lover" readings just for fun and to kind of get excited about what may come my way. :)

The rest of the spread felt very positive to me, but I was truly confused about the High Priestess standing for my feelings for him. What all of you said was extremely helpful and it definitely gives me a lot to ponder!