How about....

sweetmajik

What pulled you to Tarot?

Just wondering how everyone got started. For me it was my oldest sister. I had been interested in Astrology, then she bought me my first deck for my birthday, i was hooked!!

FaerieSage

I don't entirely remember why I was drawn to the tarot. I bought The Enchanted Tarot when I was in college. I remember, though, some of my friends' less than pleasant reactions to my reading the tarot.

sweetmajik

Most of my friends just nod and smile :) Some of them are interested and some just accept thats who i am and move on.

MercyMe

A good friend of mine did a reading for me years ago and it fascinated me because it was eerily accurate. It always stayed with me over the years, even when I went through my Christian fundamentalist phase. After coming out of that, I began to reclaim my old self and my interests and tarot was one of them. So I got a deck and began to learn. :)

Mercy

jackdaw*

My sister in law did a reading for me about three years ago, now. A couple of months later I saw a bargain bin book and deck set (the Jonathan Dee) and bought it to try out. When the artwork and the pips didn't do it for me I bought a Universal Waite from a used bookstore. And the rest is history :)

huredriel

Had a few readings over the course of a year from a friend of a friend .... told me I could read myself ....... joined AT ..... and got my first deck 2 days later :)

HudsonGray

A friend had the Thoth she used for readings, but was in the process of drawing her own black and white deck, and had me pose so she could use my hands as a reference on a few cards. I watched some of the readings she did with the Thoth deck and went and got myself the Cat People Tarot but couldn't get that one to work with me, so got the Robin Wood, which DID work great. So I guess exposure to someone who did readings did it for me.

Alta

I was always attracted to this sort of thing. Ouija and seances in university etc. Back in 1971 I was posted by my work to Vancouver, the other side of the country from home and didn't know a person. Haunted bookstores and found the RWS and a book by Eden Gray. When I was posted to Whitehorse (in Canada's Arctic, also for work) and lived in the single (unmarried) barracks then I started reading for people, both at parties and one on one. A woman there also taught me about oracles, she had one which I have never seen since. (Love to have a copy). Spent the eighties with CG Jung and the I Ching and then discovered Robin Wood which finally made me into a reader. Joined Aeclectic and that really sped up the process.

LadyMedusa

A friend of mine who reads was my enabler.

Her boss at the coffe shop was nice enough to let her do readings for folks during her slow times as long as she had her side work caught up. He was smart enough to notice that her clients always bought a snack so figured it might help sales on the overnight shift.

One night just as she finished laying out a spread, a tour bus pulled up. She handed me a book, paper and pen, and said "Here ya go, see what the cards say to you. Write down what you see and anything you want help with, and when I'm caught up I'll be back."

I found the spread in the book and started making notes. When she returned she looked over what I had written and told me I didn't need a reading I needed a deck.

LadyMedusa

Zephyros

I don't really remember why I first started. I suppose I was interested always in the mysteries and the occult, and I was a big fan of Halloween. Childish reasons, but then, they have brought me this far. Of course, they are not why I continue:)