how do you prefer your empress?

FallynRaiyn

Do you prefer your empress obviously pregnant? or not?

I don't know why, I've been pregnant, I've had children, but I tend to prefer a not obviously pregnant empress. The ones with the great big round belly seem to distract me. Like that is the ONLY thing that draws my eye, it doesn't make me squeamish exactly, but.....slightly uncomfortable? I can't really explain my preference. Anyone else have an opinion?

thirdlibra

Ugh, not. I find obvious pregnancy in that card to be limiting. All I get out of it is "oh. The pregnant one." when really, it means so much more. But I'm CFBC, so that is a bit of my own weirdness, I suppose.

iCat

Not pregnant, nor breast feeding, thank you! :D

Rev_Vesta

I think it is important to think about the Empress, even when looking pregnant, she may be giving birth to new projects, new doorways, new journies, new pathways.......new skills.....

Also that as a mother she mutlitasks, has many skills... she isn't just a Mum, she could be a boss, an organizer, a healer, a carer and so much more......... maybe at the moment she is wearing so many hats she doesn't really know who she is.......maybe she has to remember to take care of self instead of mothering everyone else........ Receieve as much as she gives......

Just some thoughts ...

Richard

I like for her to look voluptuous and curvy like the classical statues of Venus, but not pregnant. She should be a symbol of fertility but not an example of the consequences of fertility.

SA12

I like for her to look voluptuous and curvy like the classical statues of Venus, but not pregnant. She should be a symbol of fertility but not an example of the consequences of fertility.

Ditto :)

ThunderWolf

I think it is important to think about the Empress, even when looking pregnant, she may be giving birth to new projects, new doorways, new journies, new pathways.......new skills.....

Also that as a mother she mutlitasks, has many skills... she isn't just a Mum, she could be a boss, an organizer, a healer, a carer and so much more......... maybe at the moment she is wearing so many hats she doesn't really know who she is.......maybe she has to remember to take care of self instead of mothering everyone else........ Receieve as much as she gives......

Just some thoughts ...

To me the pregnant belly implies all this and so much more! The pregnant belly, to me, infers the growth of all possibilities. That's why I prefer the pregnant Empress.

lark

A bag of grain in her lap is enough to say bounty to me...

PAMUYA

A bag of grain in her lap is enough to say bounty to me...

I agree more with this statement. Although a beautiful state of being pregnant, it is a time, at least for me, of being vulnerable. While pregnant all things were not possible, I was limited to what I was able to do. I rather see the empress in a stronger position.

Laura Borealis

I prefer not big-bellied, not breastfeeding, and in fact not over-obviously maternal. I feel when artists do that, it sort of overwhelms her other attributes. My favorite Empress is depicted in the colors of harvest, and has wheat stalks alongside a Venus emblem; one hand rests over her belly, so one could interpret the beginning of a pregnancy, literal or figurative (though I didn't notice that until I looked just now).