How do you turn to your Tarot when mentally disturbed??

Mellifluous

Both.

The birth time for the charts are noted when the child is born but the first overall life reading is usually done when the kid is 2 and a half years old. This reading gives an outlook of how overall the life of the kid would be.

Later on whenever need be the astrological readings are done for specific advices (just like in Tarot) and these are based on the horoscope as well as the current planetary positions.

So cool! :) Thanks for answering!

Asbestos Mango

I'm actually another self-soother. I do a daily reading for myself anyway, but I have frequently grabbed a deck of cards when I'm feeling anxious. I generally use the same five-card spread that I use for my daily readings, and it really does help. I've found that any deck will do for anxiety, but when I'm depressed, well, I'm definitely best off not reaching for the Archeon Tarot.

I think whether doing a reading when you're severely upset is a good idea varies from person to person, but if you choose to read, I do think deck choice is very important.

Oh, and I have used the Poor Man's Therapist when I'm depressed. It has been very helpful, when using other spreads have given me no insight into my depression, or shown me a way out of it.

Tansey Ella

I've noticed that when I am very upset the cards tend to be very negative and just a reflection of how I am feeling. I don't see any real guidance in the cards, just a reflection of my moods.
For comfort I will use Osho Zen and the medicine cards and the angel healing cards. These and a few other decks are my comfort decks, they are always kind and bring me help and guidance. Otherwise, I don't try any serious reading for myself if very distressed.

gregory

I'm finding this to be so interesting. My cards don't tell me darker things when I am sadder, and lighter things when I am happier.
My cards can tell me stuff all they like 0 but if I am low enough - I know full well that whatever THEY say, what I will SEE is - no bloody use to anyone, least of all me.

I don't think the cards do that. Readers do that. The cards are the same - it's our ability to interpret them under a more balanced light that gets disturbed by our mental state. The cards are just the cards...
Right on !

Life is more fun to live, believing that the bunnies talk to me :) I'm sorry you don't have talking bunnies :-(

Oh...and there is too a Santa Claus!
I know there is. Seriously - and I am 66 years old. I also have a talking stuffed rabbit... (who is incidentally very snarky this week, and I'm not... make of that what you will !)

If I want comfort stuff - I will eat chocolate or listen to music or watch a DVD.

If I want a reading when I am very low, I will ask someone else to give me one, and return the favour when I feel up to it.

And I HATE affirmations and those decks and books with a passion. To each his/her own....

pacificwaters

I think whether doing a reading when you're severely upset is a good idea varies from person to person, but if you choose to read, I do think deck choice is very important.

I am still to warm up to this idea, because currently I have just the Rider Waite .... maybe down the years I might echo the same sentiment.. :)

Oh, and I have used the Poor Man's Therapist when I'm depressed. It has been very helpful, when using other spreads have given me no insight into my depression, or shown me a way out of it.

I have read a lot about this.. Would definitely give it a try...Maybe would just note the cards when down and read them when in a better state of mind...

I've noticed that when I am very upset the cards tend to be very negative and just a reflection of how I am feeling. I don't see any real guidance in the cards, just a reflection of my moods.

For comfort I will use Osho Zen and the medicine cards and the angel healing cards. These and a few other decks are my comfort decks, they are always kind and bring me help and guidance. Otherwise, I don't try any serious reading for myself if very distressed.

Would second you on that. When I did a spread while down I had cards that were exactly reflecting my mood...bang on!! As regards them providing me advice...well if I look back from the textbook meanings of the cards and the situation I was in, I think they have provided me the correct advice. At that point of time, I think that was the only solution I had......

Grizabella

"How do you turn to your Tarot when mentally disturbed??"

I shuffle them. And shuffle them. And shuffle them. And then shuffle them some more.

That's all. I don't try to read them, I just get comfort from feeling them in my hands and shuffling them. That's what works for me.

pacificwaters

OK, I forgot to update and thank you here...

I did try out the Poor Man's Therapist, when I was in the middle of a "What the hell" feeling... The spread just sort of mirrored my deep rooted fears... and the outcome card, was the best advice I could have ever received... Definitely a staunch fan of the Poor Man's Therapist now..!

Thanks for the advice Asbestos Mango

Stormdancer

How do you turn to your Tarot when mentally disturbed??

I've not read all of the responses...***ducks all the rotten veggies thrown my way***

BUT......to answer the title of the thread....

I do this a LOT....I FONDLE decks, usually the top 2 or 3 at the time. I throw some "pretend" cards, and start shuffling again.

So, for me, when I'm "down & out" I turn to my decks for the tactile sensation more than anything else....and then the pretty pictures.

That's me...deep as a cistern...:laugh:

Grizabella

I've not read all of the responses...***ducks all the rotten veggies thrown my way***

BUT......to answer the title of the thread....

I do this a LOT....I FONDLE decks, usually the top 2 or 3 at the time. I throw some "pretend" cards, and start shuffling again.

So, for me, when I'm "down & out" I turn to my decks for the tactile sensation more than anything else....and then the pretty pictures.

That's me...deep as a cistern...:laugh:

Yep, that's exactly it. Me, too, and you put it just right---it's the tactile sensation more than anything else. I do the very same thing. Shuffle, lay cards, shuffle, lay cards---on and on and on. And not reading on anything. Just doing it.