How many decks do you actually use?

seapearls

Out of all the decks you own, how many of them do you actually use?

Some for collection only?

Some you only use for certain times or types of readings?

Some you only use for yourself and no one else? (I was thinking of getting an Egyptian deck only for doing my husbands readings because thats what he likes. Like his personal deck but he's has no interest on reading cards himself or if he ever does he'll have his deck already.)

What about decks you own that just don't thrill you like you thought you would when you bought them so they hardly get touched?

Lewen

Right now, I'm admiring the newest deck to my collection, The Robin Wood.

I started out with the Visconti-Sforza, which is my own personal deck, but I'll use it if I want clear answers. My Universal Waite, I use for reading for others as it has a funny way of talking to me in my own personal readings. I have The Thoth deck which I've admired and am fixing to study more in depth and now the Robin Wood. I'm waiting for my Green Man Oracle to come in the mail, it should have been here by now and I'm impatient.

I think above all, The Visconti is more my personal deck but I would use any and all of what I have so far if someone wanted me to. I've found that I do have a better relationship with some decks versus others. very interesting.

So far, I love all my decks that I have, even though the Universal Waite and I have gone round and round a bit...it's seems that deck has a sense of humor to me!

Lewen

Stregaverde

Right now I have 13 decks in my collection, not counting the Black Tarot which is going away in a trade. I actively read/study (daily) with three (Baroque Bohemian Cats, Hanson-Roberts, Housewive's) and less often with five others (Celtic, Golden, Crystal, Mermaids, and Old Path). The others are put away for now, either because I had trouble working with them (Ancestral Path, Casanova), need to take time to study them before using them (Renaissance, Tarot of Prague, Art Nouveau), or are being saved as collectors items (1st ed. ToP).

However, between this trade and what I've ordered recently on super-sale, I'll be up to 21 decks in a few weeks! One is mainly for collecting purposes, but I still plan to use it--the others are all to be reading decks! :D And I think that my hubby and best friend got me decks for my birthday, so that'll up the total. So many decks, so little time to study!

HudsonGray

Out of about 25 decks, only three are used regularly. But I've got a learning curve on 4 of the 'collector' decks that I haven't had time to tackle yet so the usability factor may change once I learn them. There is one really blunt deck I use for relationship questions--the Tarot of Origins. It's like being blundgeoned, but it gives answers really plainly! I haven't pulled that out for a while though.

tmgrl2

I have about 30 decks....I use five or so at a time...but then remove one or two and put another in...

I would say I use 11 or 12 for reading. Some I haven't worked with yet, like the Thoth or Robin Wood or Victoria Regina....will get to them. No rush.

terri

psychic sue

I have 5 (a small collection compared to some!) and I use whichever one whenever I feel drawn to it.

I think I only have five because I very rarely see a deck that I connect with instantly, but I am always scouring the net anyway, just in case one jumps out at me!!

Gyda

We have 5 in the house, I only use one and have for a few years. 2 of the decks belong to my husband to be he liked the art work on them. The other three are mine but the one I use was my third try on trying to find one I could read.

Gyda

Alta

There are about 12 decks I am fully comfortable with, but I can easily read with another 20 or so. The rest, well I enjoy them one way or another. :)

WolfyJames

I have 22 decks and I use them all, some more than others. I've been using more the ones with unillustrated pips, or difficult pips, like the Crystal, Bosch, Fournier, Sola-Busca, lately, because I remember the cards by heart now. I don't think I am a collector, I view my decks as all being readable (to me), and I feel bad when I use some less.

Chronata

I have over a hundred decks...a mix of tarot and oracles.
And, sadly, I must admit there are only about three that I use with any regularity.

But certain times, and events, and types of readings call for very specific decks, and so I do use more of them from the collection when whimsy strikes.