How to make myself trust Tarot?

Fleur-de-lis

Tarot is a bit like leaving the house with a raincoat. You can't control the weather, but you can try to be ready for it. It doesn't matter if an outcome is good or not, and trust may not even be necessary, as all the cards can do is reveal possibilities, like the weather report. How you prepare yourself is up to you, but preparation is all you can really do.
What if a preparation includes taking action? This is the most challenging part, for me. To be, or not to be - that is always the question. It is like I am standing at the crossroads, and can turn left or right and I must decide now what's in my best interest. That is the hardest part for me, and the one I find myself aasking tarot the most...

Pam O

I had a double post, so I will add this here...

What if a preparation includes taking action? This is the most challenging part, for me. To be, or not to be - that is always the question. It is like I am standing at the crossroads, and can turn left or right and I must decide now what's in my best interest. That is the hardest part for me, and the one I find myself aasking tarot the most...
You can ask: What if I do this? What if I do that?

See playing with Tarot as an adventure like playing the "game of life". ;)

ETA: you are at 23 posts right now. When you hit 25, you can go sign up for the Newbie Reading Circle, etc. Have you seen that yet?

Pam O

I don't ask 'outcome' questions anymore, I just ask myself what I want and how I can get there.

That is what I was thinking too! The outcome is usually a result of many dymanic variables, and we can only control our own (and even that is debatable - HA :) ). I definitely think it is best to ask as you said, concentrating on what I want and how to get there. Very good advice, thank you Friture.

Hi Fleur-de-lis. Welcome to the very fabulous AT community!!! :heart:

A great way to use the Tarot is to focus on the NOW because that is what we can control, plus the future is impacted by our actions and mind set here in the present. What exactly is going on now? Block now? Advice now? A PROBABLE future if nothing changes? A PROBABLE future if an alternate action/thinking happens? Instead of doing a reading on what a future house is going to look like, an much more powerful reading would be: HOW can I get the house of my dreams? And it would not matter so much if this was read multiple times because then you could see multiple options, alternate strategies, etc....

The key is to enjoy the Tarot, and to view it as a tool. It is one that fascinates many of us here. :) And the more readings you can do with others for feedback, the more amazed you can find yourself...
Have fun!

Pam O

Right on LRichard!!!!!!! :!: }) :!:

CHANGE YOUR MIND and CHANGE YOR WORLD!

We all have the potential to be VERY powerful manifesters when we set our intentions and believe in ourselves! I just came up with a spread for a newbie here at AT who PMed me saying:
... there's only so many times one can work out ones confusing love life.. or try to... :)

Here is what I sent back to my friend:

Game plan spread: ISO Love Or xyz? What can I do NOW to find xyz that I am ISO?
Situation: Where are you really now, more specifically defined?
Goal: How do the cards describe what they see you searching for?
Block(s): What has been stopping you so far? (intuit if you are to pull multiple cards here.)
Advice - Your Game plan: Suggestion(s) to to overcome block(s)
Potential result, IF you follow advice: Confirm this is what you want. (If not, ask more Qs for wisdom about advice/mindset changes.)
ETA: ...and sometimes the advice is to just let go and move on, because no matter what you decide to take action on, or focus on, that outcome you "want" is not meant to be...

danieljuk

as well as trusting the tarot, this is also about becoming addicted to wanting a good message I think. This has happened to me and can happen really easily to do with subjects to do with love and the future. you just want to hear something good!

I really did become obsessed at once stage with doing readings in some areas and have really cut down. It becomes unhealthy. I limited myself to one spread on a topic of question and then I am not allowed to ask it again for a month or if something changes before that.

as well as learning to trust the message that comes up, we must also have a sort of separation. We can't become too overly reliant on it. We still have to make decisions and deal with everyday life. It is possible to get addicted to tarot and divination and asking about something over and over just makes you more confused in the end.

Karrma

If you are afraid to move forward, you will keep procrastinating. The tarot is just one small part of a fully lived life.