How to reconcile Aries with Cancer

Maggiemay

Hey Everyone! T.G.I.F,

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the 'antigonistic' aspect between the signs of Aries and Cancer.

What is at the core issue between these two?

Is it that Aries is not concerned with other's feelings while Cancer is not 'forthright' the way Aries are? Somehow, I find this a little too basic.

I would surely benefit greatly from your insights.

Thank you

Maggie :)

Alta

Aries people find Cancer people deceptive and smarmy.

BigLuna

LOL! Alta, that cracked me up!

I think the square aspect between these two cardinal signs makes for some interesting interaction, or avoidance sometimes.

Cancers are not as "forthright" as Aries, but Aries aren't as "sensitive" as Cancer. They're just different, that's all, and that's what makes the world go round.

Ask an Aries with a Cancer Moon, or a Cancer with an Aries moon. There's your answer. Maybe there's the ability to be straightforward, yet sensitive. Have you looked on astrodatabank (at astro.com) for some chart examples?

Maggiemay

Alta said:

mmhh... I'm starting to wonder what your sign is...lol

Thanks for your post, Alta. It was very....uh...'insightful' yes..but the exact word would be....mmh.....Ah! yes! Got it!...very 'forthright'!!!!!! lol

Maggiemay

BigLuna said:
Cancers are not as "forthright" as Aries, but Aries aren't as "sensitive" as Cancer.
Well coined.

Thanks for your post BigLuna.

ravenest

Alta said:

Ah! So that's what it is! ... And here I was thinking it was because Cancers are so fluid, empathic and humble and Aries are such big mouth show offs. ;)

[ One of my most fav. friends is an Aries Fire Horse - SOME of the things I've seen her do! .... But then again - I like outragious company! ]

moonlitkim

I'm a Cancer with an Aries moon! :D I have all the overemotional, sensitive, Queen-of-Cups stuff that fits so well with Cancer. However, once I get mad, here comes the Aries! Very hot temper under that crab shell.

~MoonlitKim

Maggiemay

moonlitkim said:
I'm a Cancer with an Aries moon! :D I have all the overemotional, sensitive, Queen-of-Cups stuff that fits so well with Cancer. However, once I get mad, here comes the Aries! Very hot temper under that crab shell.

~MoonlitKim

Great stuff!

Do people find you unpredictable and impulsive? Do you yearn for independance and yet remain extremely attached to your loved ones? Do you want to do a ton of stuff on the spur of the moment and yet don't dare to in the end? When you get hurt, do you react with a 'stiff upper lip'?

Thanks for your post by the way,

ps : Why is it that every post (except mine) is a complete crack up on this thread? I love it!

moonlitkim

Maggiemay said:
Great stuff!

Do people find you unpredictable and impulsive? Do you yearn for independance and yet remain extremely attached to your loved ones? Do you want to do a ton of stuff on the spur of the moment and yet don't dare to in the end?

Thanks for your post by the way,

ps : Why is it that every post (except mine) is a complete crack up on this thread? I love it!

Unpredictable? Yes. Impulsive? Yes, but I'm not actually. I plan out everything well in advance, but I don't make it obvious. So when I leap, it looks impulsive. (I've got a handful of planets in Libra too, for the planning part.) Independence? Yes! Not so much spur of the moment, but I have skipped a lot of things because they weren't "safe." Yet if I think the risk is worth it, I'll go for it headfirst!

I'm a wealth of contradictions, aren't I? ;)

~MoonlitKim

ETA: That Aries moon also makes me incredibly impatient! I want it now, if not sooner! :D

Maggiemay

moonlitkim said:
I'm a wealth of contradictions, aren't I?
A mystery wrapped in an enigma...lol I guess that's what makes your charm!

moonlitkim said:
ETA: That Aries moon also makes me incredibly impatient! I want it now, if not sooner! :D

LOL...

Thanks again for sharing your personal insight. (doesn't get better than that!)

I find the aries/cancer aspects to be rather fascinating... and from what I read you've also got some Libra stuff going on into the mix.
You must be a blast to hang out with!

Best regards,