How to Win Ebay Auctions for Tarot Decks ?

G6

I do it all the time. But this one simply cannot fly unless you can find a way to make everyone who might consider bidding co-operate.

As AJ said - you used to be able to see who was bidding - and then you'd know when there was no point bothering. Now even that doesn't work. And try posting an ebay link to something good here for discussion. Unpopular does not begin.... I doubt if a search here would turn up the sad little posts "I was winning that with no other bidders till you posted that..."

Lol ;-)

Le Fanu

The best policy is to do what I do - put wonderful things in your watch list, forget all about them and then see them two days after the auction has ended having gone for a very cheap base price. I'm a real expert at doing this. I've been refining it for years.

I still - despite all explanations - fail to see how an automatic bidding thingy makes life easier. I just decide on a limit and bid it as late as is feasibly possible. I bid the very, very, very highest I can pay and stick to it.

As Pathwalker (I think) said - there really is no secret, you just have to be prepared to pay the most by far. I can't see any other techniques.

G6

Somebody that wasn't even bidding sniped it in the last 5 seconds. They probably had a way higher reserve on their snipe. Oh well.

These are probably the same folks that outbid everyone for $40-50 on Ebay then turn around and sell the same deck for $200-500 on EBay and Amazon, mystery solved! ;-)

G6

The best policy is to do what I do - put wonderful things in your watch list, forget all about them and then see them two days after the auction has ended having gone for a very cheap base price. I'm a real expert at doing this. I've been refining it for years.

I still - despite all explanations - fail to see how an automatic bidding thingy makes life easier. I just decide on a limit and bid it as late as is feasibly possible. I bid the very, very, very highest I can pay and stick to it.

As Pathwalker (I think) said - there really is no secret, you just have to be prepared to pay the most by far. I can't see any other techniques.

Since you forget do you suggest bidding right away with 5 days left or keep waiting and hope nobody notices the auction and you remember to bid closer to close?

gregory

Since you forget do you suggest bidding right away with 5 days left or keep waiting and hope nobody notices the auction and you remember to bid closer to close?
I set MYSELF a reminder - on my email programme or something - depends how long there is to go - and bid in the last 5 minutes if the price is still within my limit.

By the way - no-one is likely to TELL you what they bought - or you can get to see how much they paid. Which can be - well, best kept private... :| There is actually another serious privacy issue with telling, which I am not posting in a thread.

G6

To answer my own question it seems the best way to win an Ebay auction is with a BUY NOW! :) I just picked up an unused, OOP Fantastical Tarot by Nathalie Hertz for $19.99 - Yippy!!!! :)

Thoughtful

To answer my own question it seems the best way to win an Ebay auction is with a BUY NOW! :) I just picked up an unused, OOP Fantastical Tarot by Nathalie Hertz for $19.99 - Yippy!!!! :)

This is what l do, not often but still manage to get some bargains. Tried a few times bidding but never ever won anything. There are some trigger happy fingers out there with loads of spare money. Can't compete with that :joke:

werewolfmoon

I used to do a lot of buying and selling on FleaBay (I had a small business for a while) and auction-shiper was the bane of my life when it came to bidding on items. I would leave my maximum bid on an item with no watchers and no activity and come the end of the auction I'd lose the the item due to a last minute 'snipe' it drove me mad. :D

G6

I used to do a lot of buying and selling on FleaBay (I had a small business for a while) and auction-shiper was the bane of my life when it came to bidding on items. I would leave my maximum bid on an item with no watchers and no activity and come the end of the auction I'd lose the the item due to a last minute 'snipe' it drove me mad. :D

Ugh, an item that closes today had no activity or watchers all week and I checked this morning everyones there bidding and it's over my maximum already. I think I'm just going to watch for Buy Nows. Bidding is a waste of mental energy if you're trying to get a bargain.

G6

This is what l do, not often but still manage to get some bargains. Tried a few times bidding but never ever won anything. There are some trigger happy fingers out there with loads of spare money. Can't compete with that :joke:

Yes, agree. Totally.