I Gave Away The Empress

memries

You must have been paying attention to something inside you to part with a card from your precious deck. Therefore, you did a good thing.

I think the suggestion to give her the whole deck is a good one but I would sound her out first and see how much she is keen. It could also be, years down the road, she will want to read Tarot and not now. You never know how far the waves will go when you toss a pebble into the water.

Grizabella

That vino will do it every time! :p

I vote for giving her the whole deck now or else asking for the card back. It's really a waste to let the deck remain only partial. :)

Disa

Oh it isn't a waste at all. The gift was a treasure,perhaps a momento of a magickal night for her. It's also a memory for you now, where you selflessly gave something from your heart without thinking of the practicality of it. I say let her keep the card, and you hold on to the deck as your own reminder. You must have intuitively known something at the time you gave it to her. Just wait, she may become inquisitive and then, at the right time, you will have the deck on hand to give to her.

This is a wonderful story.

Disa

All Is One

Let us start slow (like me lately)

Marion and Floracove said what was probably very very good advice.

I think my instinct was on and part of me was being selfish and part of me did not NOT want to overwhelm a very exhausted lovely and very drunk young lady.

Great idea.

I am going to give her the rest of the deck after she gets over the reading. But as soon as possible.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!

;)

~a

(too tired to type out everyone by name but you have already written what I needed and you know who I mean, people.)

gorgeousbutterfly

it was very sweet, but im trying to think what use one card is to her??? maybe as a memory but i dont think its worth you getting a deck over this so in my mind you were being too generous. lol.

Alta

Do as you think best. (((All is One)))

:)

clarity

you are such a sweetie! that was very generous of you to gift someone a card like that.

firemaiden

Well now you have a 77 card deck, and if you have the urge to give other cards away you know you won't miss them from a 77 card deck. :D

Baroli

Umbrae said:
I always keep at least one deck around, for the express purpose of using as a gift.

There's a power when you do gift a deck, which should never be ignored. If you find a person who would benefit – gift them a deck!

You may find the person who gets the largest benefit, is you.

I had to look all over to find this; very apt for this thread. :D

Baroli

Willow Huntermoon

You did what your heart told you to do. You are an Empress.
-The wine, was a nice touch_