I think I have found the 'one' ... [really, this time, I do]

Little Baron

This thread is subtitled 'Thankyou Hemera .. I love you!'

Got home from work tonight and my package from a trade with Hemera was waiting. The Kaos Tarot by Orryelle Defenestrate-Bascule.

I didn't even open it straight away. I gave my dad loads of clothes from work and watched him try them on. I had my dinner. Then, I sat down with a cuppa and took a look.

The first card I turned over was the 'Knight of Wands', off the bottom. Oh my God. Powerful is not the word. The intensity of these courts are like no other deck I have seen. They hit you. They make you respond. I don't think I have ever had a deck where I have looked through it, dumb struck. I have had many and have liked many, but I have never just sat there in awe like I have with this one this evening. I can't think of another deck that has got me this way straight off. It is almost like living in a foreign country and finally speaking to someone who speaks your language.

There are too many cards here to mention that are good. 5 of Pentacles, 4 of Pentacles, 6 & 7 of Swords, the darkness of the the '9 of Swords' [isn't that exactly how night terror feels?]. The Emperor, The Empress, the Page of Pentacles.

Critisisms? Yes, the card stock is a little thinner than might be expected for long term use. And the Strength card is horizontal. And maybe a few of them are printed a little off centre. But you know what? I don't care. This deck just woke me up and it feels good. Maybe it isn't the 'one', but looking at the pictures, it seems pretty damn close. The courts are just alive; more so than I have experienced before. The whole deck is jigging all over the place with energy.

LB

[thanks so much Hemera ... :) ]

Alta

I'll have to tell you LB, my eyes rolled right back in my head when I saw the title. :bugeyed:

Do not believe you for one second. :laugh:

silver_rain

I guess the Gilded is definately out the window now :p

Congratulations, it must be an amazing feeling to have that instant connection that you've never really had before. Treasure it, it's special. A lot of people are forever looking for that 'one' deck!

Little Baron

silver_rain said:
I guess the Gilded is definately out the window now :p

Not at all. I am using that deck still. I don't think that I will be using the Kaos for public reading, which is what I aim to be doing soon. It is going to be a 'me' deck. And for close mates etc. I shall continue working with the Gilded, Morgan Greer, Fantastic Menagerie. I just feel that I have found one that is really special. And that has grabbed me more than any I have seen before. I have beem excited by decks on many times, but I have never actually felt a deck's artwork reach right in. It is a different connection to what I have experienced. There was always something not quite right before.

So it will not stop my work with all the other packs I use for different reasons. But I think it has been unique in that I have never seen a deck of cards that are how they always felt in my head. The courts, expecially - I am sure that anyone who has the pack can back me up on just how special they are. Recently, I nearly spent all that cash on the Far Sight, and it is funny how the courts in that are not so removed from these. They had real energy and personality. And they had a slight characature element that these have, were bold and up close. But with the FS, I bailed out at last minute because of the retitling, the penguins in suits etc. There were niggles. There are little to no niggles with this one.

LB

Little Baron

Marion said:
Do not believe you for one second. :laugh:

You know me too well Marion.

Like I said in my last post. This isn't an 'That's it, I will never use another deck but the kaos' thread. It is a really nice acknowledgement to finding something that finally speaks your language visually. Far better than any have. I felt quite emotional flipping through it. Inside, I was just saying 'yes, yes, yes'.

I shall continue to learn with my other packs. I won't be turning my back on all that I have built up with my reading projects of late :)

The title was a little tongue in cheek, as you all know what I am like.

LB

Debra

Little Baron said:
The title was a little tongue in cheek, as you all know what I am like.

LB

Oh..no...does that mean...we aren't getting married after all?.....(sob)...but what about the Renaissance Voodoo Fair we planned to go to....?

Oh, all right then. Have it your way, and have fun!

HearthCricket

Congrats, LB! I am happy you have found a new deck that really, really speaks to you! This happened to me recently with the Medieval Enchantment. It literally swept me off my feet, even though it had been sitting in the drawer for a while. I just never worked with it. Now it has become, quite possibly, my all-time favourite deck and one that isn't going to lose it charm. It is really exciting working with a deck that connects so well, in the sea of so many decks that don't! Have a blast! :)

Little Baron

Debra said:
Oh..no...does that mean...we aren't getting married after all?.....(sob)...but what about the Renaissance Voodoo Fair we planned to go to....?

Oh, all right then. Have it your way, and have fun!

Of course I shall marry you Debra [LB tosses deck over shoulder]. A nice service with all the Voodoo 'Barons' dressed up in tux's, dark glasses and with cigars in their skull faces.

Hehe.

LB