I think I need a little help...

jem

Forgive me if this isnt the correct place for this post.

Can someone help me with my reading?? I think I got the just of it, but not sure since this is my first.

I used the celtic cross layout (if this even matters). Here were my cards and their positions...

pos.1--page/swords
pos.2--page/cups
pos.3--the moon
pos.4--death (is this a bad thing?)
pos.5--justice
pos.6--the empress
pos.7--9/hearts
pos.8--8/spades
pos.9--6/spades
pos.10--10/hearts

Hope I gave enough info. If not sorry, just ignore me.

catlin

Hi, Merry Meet and Welcome,

Just tell me where you placed the cards 3-6. I place them widdershins starting with card 3 at the base.

jem

Thanks!

Ok #3 was at the bottom, #4 to the left, #5 at the top and #6 was to the right.

Thanks again for the help.

Yarnie

Welcome, Jem!

After the clarification on positions #3 - #6, next I'd like to ask: What was the question for this spread?

Also, if you can, what are the meanings (as you understand them) of positions #3 - #6. I could read them as I throw the spread, but that might not match up with your understanding of the spread positions.

(BTW...I read those positions thus: #3 (bottom) is the root of the matter, things from the recent past that have now become wrapped up in the situation and have thus prompted the question; #4 (left) is what has passed, things which have influenced the querant but are already (or are currently) passed away; #5 (top) is something that may happen in the near future that may influence the outcome of the situation; and #6 (right) is things that lie ahead of the querant, things which must be faced during the resolution of the situation.)

Looking forward to reading more from you and getting your take on the various discussions here.

Rhiannon

Forgive me for not knowing, but how do your pip cards resemble mine? Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles? Hearts are cups I think, but I'm not sure what the Spades are.

Did you ask a love question? I see death in your past as a change that you have undergone and the empress and ix of hearts/cups in your future which both look like promising cards. also the x of cups/hearts in your final outcome position. Please forgive me, I'm not at home with my cards, but at work trying to remember them....

do you use reversed cards in your readings? if so, did any of these come up in reverse?

Rhiannon :)