Mandala Spread

Rhiannon

I found this spread in the book "The Mystical Tarot" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. It is used for "examining the inner impulses that arise out of the self". And since one of my main uses for the tarot is introspection, I gave it a shot. My results were interesting and not at all what I expected, especially once I got to card #8.

The spread is like this:

----9----
--8---2--
-7--1--3-
--6---4--
----5----

1=Self: Unifying principle within our psyche, both concious and unconcious.
2=Desires: Instinctive urges/basic needs.
3=Dreams:What we want to be, accomplish or give.
4=Pursuits: Things we pursue despite our dreams (Ex: career, hobby, etc.)
5=Attachments:Things we pursue that hold us back from our dreams.
6=Qualities: Our good points.
7=Sorrows: Our faults, areas we need to work on.
8=Self Image:Overall view of ourselves.
9=Soul's Urge:True sense of purpose and destiny that transcends all else.

I'd be interested in knowing anyone else's experiences with this spread!

Rhiannon :)

destinyawaitsme

WOW! I just had a mind blowing tarot experience. I don't know if anyone has ever had one....but I definately like this spread. It wouldn't be one I would use all the time, but I think it's very good when in tough situations. This reading has made me realize a lot. Thanks for sharing!

purplelady

I'm pretty conservative as far as spreads, usually using the celtic cross ,and occasionally a very few others. However , this spread looks like it has definite potential! I like the round shape also.thanx! 8)

Rhiannon

Hey, you're welcome guys. No problem. I found the spread to be very enlightening. Was anyone surprised by any of the info they got? I'll share that my #8 Self Image card was the Sun and that really surprised me. But I guess I am just a ray of light (she said sarcastically).

Rhiannon :)