I was told never to buy my own deck... What is that all about?

Red Emma

Buying your own deck

full deck said:
The FBI keeps track of all Tarot decks sold, as a precaution against psychic assasination teams, thus it is better to have someone else buy you a deck so that it won't go on record. Banks notice these things when you apply for a home mortage or auto insurance, though all they see is that there was an FBI flag on your credit record.

I like your answer the best. I'd make a sharp remark about --- hmmm --- can't go there unless I want to be excommunicated.

full deck

I'm very naughty

brh986 said:
Oh come on. Where are you getting this information from?
I made it up, but you know, it seems that the more outrageous a proposition, the more likely some people are to believe it -- especially if one uses a straight face. :eek:)

full deck

I know what you mean . . .

Red Emma said:
I like your answer the best. I'd make a sharp remark about --- hmmm --- can't go there unless I want to be excommunicated.
I was reading the thread on the Marsella Pappess and all that extra detailing the authors put in that enormous dick that is now so blatant (I think I can actually see veins even) and you know, I can't touch that (pun intended).

rennfahrer

full deck said:
I made it up, but you know, it seems that the more outrageous a proposition, the more likely some people are to believe it -- especially if one uses a straight face. :eek:)

Hey on a forum like this you have to be open minded to what people say right? heheh

DrMojo

Going back to the original question in this thread, perhaps there should be a rule for guys that you can ONLY wear neckties that were given to you. Ponder how terrible THAT prospect would be!

Decks, like good books, find their way to you. I can't think of how many times the resources I need for something have ended up in front of me either by gift or "happenstance" when I walked into this or that little shop.

I have a few decks sitting around that I bought that just don't click with me no matter what my original impression was. But there are a few -- Golden Tarot is one of them -- that when I saw, I knew was for me, no questions asked! And, I quickly add, I bought it. Nobody gave it to me -- but then again, perhaps the Universe did by getting the two of us together?

Dr Mojo

Red Emma

Given decks

DrMojo said:
Going back to the original question in this thread, perhaps there should be a rule for guys that you can ONLY wear neckties that were given to you. Ponder how terrible THAT prospect would be! Dr Mojo

My husband, who has very long since given up wearing ties, thinks that would be a very good rule, indeed.

Eco74

DrMojo said:
Going back to the original question in this thread, perhaps there should be a rule for guys that you can ONLY wear neckties that were given to you. Ponder how terrible THAT prospect would be!
Terrible? But no, there would finally be an actual PURPOUSE to all those fathers-day-ties that are sold all over the world.

Now, fathers smile and nod and put the tie away in their huge collections.
If ties could only be gifted a tie a year would be such a treat and the tears would be of actual joy and not from their wives kicking them under the table to remind them to look "properly happy" about the gift from their child/ren. :D

calligirl

Re: The FBI keeping track of the Tarot...How else are we going to know when a terriorist attack is eminent? That's why they have those little tabs on the bottom of the boxes that make the detectors go off when you walk out of the store, to make sure they are aware of every reading that may pertain to national security.

This is also a very good reason why you are supposed to make your own runes, gathering your wood by the dark of the moon and being very careful to escape detection from the revenuers hunting the 'shine stills out back.

Thanks to full deck for opening our eyes to what's really going on...;)

PlatinumDove

*laughs* how would anyone know what readings I'm doing and when and for who? Just the idea is hilarious. ;)

janstar17

brh986 said:
Hah, mom is who I got to buy mine. I will call her now though and tell her to beware of men in black.

What a great mom you have!! My mother is 82 and she still thinks "my hobbies" are strange. LOL

I don't hold with the myth either. I have over 100 decks now...probably received maybe 5 or 6 as gifts and the rest I've gifted to myself...do you think I spoil me?????