If you could only have one book - what would it be?

wolfmaiden58

Book of Thoth, definitely........but I'd probably brave the flames to run back in for 'Garden of Pomegranates' by Regardie!!

blackroseivy

As I have said in the thread I just started on the subject, "The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination" by Place pretty much sez it ALL - clearly & to-the-point, but also, he gets to the very bottom of the many myths associated with the cards. It has more truth in it than any other book I've read page for page, all in 1 "place" (haha). It's at the very top of my recommendation!! :D

Kenny

I don't own much--three or four books--but I'll grab The Tarot Bible.

Annabelle

I'm with Danubhe . . . "The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination" by Robert Place is THE tarot book to have. So clearly written, insightful, intelligent, and helpful.

Elnor

"Spiritual Tarot" by Signe Echols and Robert Mueller- I got it years ago, and it's falling apart and tatty now, I've used it so much! :)

BB
Elnor

MikeTheAltarboy

Probably The Book of Thoth by Crowley. :)
Next would be Tarot and the Magus by Hughes-Barlow, and
The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination by Place.

jmd

If I could really only have one book on Tarot... it would have to be:
MEDITATIONS ON THE TAROT, written anonymously​
My second one would be Robert O'Neill's Tarot Symbolism.

martyn_uk

:)

I think it would have to be power tarot by trish mcgregor..
great book with loads of tips and spreads!

Lleminawc

well ... if I could only save one Tarot book from the flames it would be Caitlin and John Matthews' Hallowquest: An Arthurian Tarot Course because it would be so hard to replace.

But if you ask me which books I refer to most often, it would come down to The Book of Thoth and Gareth Knight's Magical World of the Tarot. With Place's book coming up close behind.

lionsdentamer

My Tarot Book

Well... it would be the Book of Divination by Ann Fiery... it has an excellent section on the Tarot... it was my first divination book and I love it.