I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

Pet Jeffery

I just bought the Rosetta Tarot and Book of Seshet. International shipping on the cards plus book was $16.95. I don't see why or how shipping on the bear tarot could be so much more.

gregory

I am SURE it is something to do with this "automated system" they use....

Mabuse

I just can't resist!

This thread is un-bear-ably long!

Mabuse

Just a bit of levity.

There's actually nothing wrong with the thread. I'm just quite amazed at the length. Seriously, though I'm as bugged about the international shipping situation on TGC as you are. The Facebook page I've created for my own deck received numerous "likes" from India! If it costs $40 USD to ship to the UK, I can only imagine what it would cost to send a deck over to India.

Debra

Mabuse

$16.95. That's flat rate international postage for a small box or padded envelope anywhere in the world except Canada and Mexico, which are a bit cheaper. https://www.usps.com/send/priority-mail-international-flat.htm

There's actually nothing wrong with the thread. I'm just quite amazed at the length. Seriously, though I'm as bugged about the international shipping situation on TGC as you are. The Facebook page I've created for my own deck received numerous "likes" from India! If it costs $40 USD to ship to the UK, I can only imagine what it would cost to send a deck over to India.

gregory

Not only that - but as cardlady22 and I can testify - you can get THREE of these decks into ONE of those boxes. That is why this makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

It is an important issue, as so many people could and probably would publish with gamecrafter if this were sorted. It's a shame it is all being said in this thread as there is another which is not deck specific, where gamecrafter has responded. Not as helpfully as one might wish, given that MANY of us pointed out the flat rate small box, and they just kept saying they charge what the automated system says they must and maybe it is the new rules (well, no; the price of the box went up, is all that happened there !) but still.

ETA Here is that thread. See what they had to say... NOT a lot in the end. :(

ETA - but Mabuse - your decks are with them - so it will indeed probably cost $40 to India - that is their charge for anywhere outside the US and Canada. Except on the occasional days when their "system" charged $16 something - I was lucky and hit one of those days, so did ff. Most didn't. And it seems to change daily.

tarotlyn

:( Re: print-on-demand-printers....sadly I am finding out that some of them I have been dealing with
may be just stubborn and never plan on changing...shipping or much else...YIKES!

UPDATE on that NEW print-on-demand printer...YES...my :heart: JUMBO bear deck got here today! :party:
OMG!!!! It is amazing (to me...LOL) to see it in this large size. I won't be offering this size much because
even though the quality of ink and card stock is really FANTASTIC...some of my 'so-called clothing...LOL'
on (just a few of) my cards is just a little hazy for making the jumbo size of 3 1/2" x almost 6"...

(note: I DO plan on getting so much better in this area) I wish that Erik that is creating the
Illuminati Tarot would tell me exactly HOW he makes those beautiful clothes in his cards :bugeyed:!!!
I hinted, but so far he has not told me...:laugh:...I am trying! Ha Ha ...and I AM going to figure it out!

Back to my order (update) that just arrived from the new printer:
Their poker size came out perfect and the borders and backs came out perfect as well...excellent really!
The cards (both poker sized and jumbo sized decks) were all 'in tarot order' and nicely shrink wrapped...no box and no LWB
(NOTE: but I think I can get a box and maybe LWB there as well)...I just need to do more reading on their site.

Prices:
I paid: $19.99 (my cost) for the jumbo sized (they call 'large custom card deck')
and paid $10.64 (my cost) for the poker sized
Shipping was totally free because I ordered over $30 and used their code: SHIP30
when I placed my order.

I ordered these on Jan. 23rd and just got them today, Feb. 10th...so 2 1/2 weeks !!!

I like them because they will 'drop-ship' my decks.

Drawback: They are in Hong Kong... BUT...maybe their shipping (for a single deck) to
someone in London, Australia, etc. might be cheaper (and arrive faster) than TGC's shipping, etc?

??? Does anyone know the approximate cost of shipping from Hong Kong to London, Australia, India, etc?

I ordered these from: from: http://www.PrinterStudio.com if you want to check them out for your own deck creation projects.

...and their page about card decks here: http://www.printerstudio.com/unique-ideas/playing-card-template.html
This is the site I told you about that will drop ship your decks for you.
EXCELLENT QUALITY AND CARD STOCK...I AM pleased with them...

Here is another print-on-demand printer I am checking out (right now):
(note they look promising so far)
http://superiorpod.onprintshop.com/p68/90-Card-Poker-Size-Playing-Card-Decks/product_info.html
(Just click on the 'check-marked' links on the right side to look around the site)
Oh, and it looks like you can sell your deck from their site as well...still reading...

:heart: Hope this was helpful for those of you looking for print-on-demand printers...
tarotlyn
An aside re: my bear deck:
I will be 'adding' the 'regular sized' deck to my TGC soon...will update when ready...
(just in case anyone here wants to know) this is not an advertisement...just an update for fellow bear lovers!:heart:

GryffinSong

...on (just a few of) my cards is just a little hazy for making the jumbo size of 3 1/2" x almost 6"...

(note: I DO plan on getting so much better in this area) I wish that Erik that is creating the
Illuminati Tarot would tell me exactly HOW he makes those beautiful clothes in his cards :bugeyed:!!!
I hinted, but so far he has not told me...:laugh:...I am trying! Ha Ha ...and I AM going to figure it out!...

If you look at his deviantart page, he gives credit to all the photographers, most of them stock or other professionals. That's an indication that he was able to buy or get permission for very high resolution images. That's really the only way to get crystal clarity, is to have the highest possible resolution when you begin editing. With my digital camera, I generally get about 3mb per image. Newer cameras do better, but I've found that's enough to enlarge my images to at least 8x10" for realistic photos, and 19x14" for abstract work. If a friend is giving you images, ask them for the original shots. Make sure they haven't been edited or re-sized.

tarotlyn

:heart::) GyrffinSong...I was not talking about the original images, which are high enough resolution,
I was talking about the 'clothing' that 'I' drew on the bears :bugeyed: with digital software...

To my surprise, everything looks GREAT on the jumbo sized cards...'except' (some of) the clothing that 'I' drew
on the bears...I just need to improve my digital skills...I am working on that.

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn