Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Cat*

World Spirit - trimmed + rounded corners

More bad cell phone pictures of gorgeous trimmed decks:

I've rounded the corners of my World Spirit a while ago. I have to admit I like the look with the square corners better (see the earlier pictures in the index), but the cardstock is so stiff that every shuffle meant my tender palms being poked. So in the end I opted for usability over beauty.

I've also included a picture that shows how the backs look now. Not as attractive as before trimming but the new and improved fronts are totally worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

• WS_trimmed_3pents+back.jpg
    WS_trimmed_3pents+back.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 424
  • WS_trimmed_9wands+kingpents.jpg
    WS_trimmed_9wands+kingpents.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 442
  • WS_trimmed_10cups+8swords.jpg
    WS_trimmed_10cups+8swords.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 377
  • WS_trimmed_universe+7pents.jpg
    WS_trimmed_universe+7pents.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 524

Cat*

Druid Animal Oracle - trimmed + rounded corners

I've also gotten around to taking pictures of my trimmed Druid Animal Oracle.

I've included one of the differently-bordered cards (the element dragons). Note the thin line of white below the border of the dragon card - some friendly AT member warned me that the dragons were sized differently, so I took care to make all cards the same size.

There's also a picture of the back (the uneven coloring comes from the reflection of my lamp, the cards are printed evenly). A few cards weren't printed exactly in the middle and on a few parts of the copyright notice is still visible and the back pattern is a bit off. Not a problem for me since I don't draw my cards from a fan, so it doesn't matter if I recognize a card from its back.

Attachments

• DAO_trimmed_hind+hare.jpg
    DAO_trimmed_hind+hare.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 595
  • DAO_trimmed_boar+earthdragon.jpg
    DAO_trimmed_boar+earthdragon.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 611
  • DAO_trimmed_back.jpg
    DAO_trimmed_back.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 521

Cat*

Druid Plant Oracle - trimmed + rounded corners

And finally some images of my trimmed Druid Plant Oracle. I've included one of the differently-bordered cards (the plant groups called Guardians, Banes, and Restorers) and a picture of the back (again, the uneven coloring is due to the reflection of my lamp and the information from the above post about slightly off placement applies here, too).

The DAO and DPO are the exact same width now, but the DPO is about a millimeter longer. I thought about trimming the difference off so I could use the decks together. But I found that this wasn't necessary because they can be shuffled together just fine (overhand, holding the deck at the long sides). Since the backs are differently colored it's obvious anyway if a card is from the DPO or the DAO.

Excuse the bad quality of the pictures. All colors are more bold than they appear here (especially in the World Spirit) and the lamp reflection hasn't improved the images, either. I still hope you get an idea of how these decks look with their borders cut off. :)

Attachments

• DPO_trimmed_comfrey+wheat.jpg
    DPO_trimmed_comfrey+wheat.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 707
  • DPO_trimmed_fern+guardians.jpg
    DPO_trimmed_fern+guardians.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 585
  • DPO_trimmed_meadowsweet+clover.jpg
    DPO_trimmed_meadowsweet+clover.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 654
  • DPO_trimmed_back.jpg
    DPO_trimmed_back.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 518

MysticalMoose

This oughta be called "THE ENABLING THREAD" :bugeyed:

I now WANT the Druid Plant Oracle AND the World Spirit!

I have just trimmed my new Brian Williams Renaissance Tarot: I just DON'T LIKE white borders!! :p

Here are the before & afters & an array of afters!:

:love: MM

Attachments

• REN untrim2.jpg
    REN untrim2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 192
  • TRIMREN1.jpg
    TRIMREN1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 765
  • trimmedarrayREN.jpg
    trimmedarrayREN.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 456

faunabay

I trimmed a copy of the Dance of Life. It has such huge, ugly white borders I thought it could use a good trimming. Well in doing so I found out the artwork on each card is different sizes! :confused: I trimmed each card to the artwork, so the finished deck isn't the same size! :bugeyed:

I'm still glad I did it. It does look much better and I can work with it - just not easily riffle shuffle it. Here's some scans. I haven't gotten all the corners trimmed yet, but included a shot of the whole deck so you can really see how different the cards are.

Attachments

• danceoflife1-1.jpg
    danceoflife1-1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 968
  • danceoflife2-1.jpg
    danceoflife2-1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 746
  • danceoflife3-1.jpg
    danceoflife3-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 553

MysticalMoose

Ooooooooooooooooh! what a lovely deck :D I've never seen that one before...is it a full 78 deck Tarot??? Where can I see more???? :D... You've done a lovely job trimming that faunabay! :)

B :love:

thorhammer

It does look lovely, FB :) As I'm sure I've said before, the Rohrig has diff. sized images, too, and that didn't really detract from the deck. It's lovely to see those beautiful images set free . . . and the Dance of Life, too :D :p

\m/ Kat

Sophos

Would anyone have photos of the Tarot of a Moon Garden trimmed? thank you for sharing :)

AJ

Good job everyone! Diviant Moon is the only deck I left square cornered, it just seemed right.

Wanted to show you my new corner rounder.
They are/were on sale at Michaels crafts for 40% off which worked out to 7.00, same as the smaller push corner punches. (Fiskers Brand)

This one has a nice squeeze lever and you can see where the card is sitting before you squeeze.
Very hand friendly. They had a much larger one, but I think it would shave too much from the cards.

Attachments

• 1-17-09 002.jpg
    1-17-09 002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 179

BodhiSeed

That corner punch looks so much easier to use than the push one I have! Gotta get to Michaels soon....:D