Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

MysticalMoose

Trimming the Truth Seekers Tarot

Having a quiet day in today & had a play with the Truth Seekers Tarot. Yes I know it's very shiny...but... as lover of BLING my attention was grabbed by the gold foil...but... those NAAAAASTY cheap looking white borders & bottom title bars were just doing my head in ! so...only one thing for it...out came the scissors & corner thingy & voila. I actually LOVE them now! :D....Here they are: with, without & a whole array without!

MM :D

Attachments

• untrimmed 1.jpg
    untrimmed 1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 789
  • trimmed 2.jpg
    trimmed 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 708
  • array trimmed.jpg
    array trimmed.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 766

GeorgiePorgie

That looks so much better without borders MM. Great job.

MysticalMoose

What a cute deck!!!! :D ~ I've never seen any cards from it before!
They look very groovy!!!! :D Nice trimming job!!!

mysticmonkey

Nice job with the Phantasmagorical Theater Tarot. I bet they are still a pain in the behind to shuffle though. lol

MysticalMoose I love how the Truthseekers looks now. Those titles were a bit overbearing before.

nicky

I have a few Thoth decks and want to trim but rumor has it the cards are not the same size as each other once trimmed...is this true?

Nicky

thorhammer

I've trimmed two Thoth decks, nicky - a large AGM edition and a small USG edition. The large is almost perfect, a seriously good job. The small is also really good, but it's just too small and I don't use it.

Sandpaper is your friend . . . ;)

\m/ Kat

nicky

Thanks!!! I am a shabby crafter and didn't want to dig in and then find out even after sweating over it the cards were off :)

Nicky

Soothsayer

What a great thread. I'm surprised it hasn't been made sticky yet.

Sulis

Soothsayer said:
What a great thread. I'm surprised it hasn't been made sticky yet.

It has, it's part of the Talking Tarot index at the top of the forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57517
It's under 'list of threads on trimming decks' in the first post.

We tend to add things to the index thread rather than make each thread a sticky - we'd end up with a forum full of stickies if we did that :).