Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part VI

Madame Squee

IDS with Melissa Townsend's Tarot

Hi everyone. :)

For this first time since I can remember, I do not have a deck in the mail, and I want to celebrate by baby-stepping my way to October 31 with Melissa Townsend's Tarot.

I have to run off to work now, but I'll be back tonight to flesh out my IDS commitment and goals.

Eek! My card for the day is Temperance reversed! :bugeyed:

ETA at lunchtime:

I've snuggled MTT into a halloween-print bag, which I'm hoping will bolster my commitment to sticking with her until Oct 31. Of course, I'd like to go longer, and maybe I could whip up a Christmas-print bag to take me a little further down the road. :D

I've been re-reading the thread and the first post, and I'm feeling a little apprehension about the meatiness (or lack thereof) in my chosen deck, but I'm going to set up a journal for MTT, dig up my copy of "21 Ways" and get busy.

One of the things that attracts me to MTT is the simplicity of the artwork -- I just hope it doesn't prove to be my undoing... But I should be able to get through only two months of study, standing on my head. Right?

Madame Squee

Reading the LWB

Although this is the 2nd Melissa Townsend's Tarot deck I've owned, and I'm familiar with the card images, I finally took the time to begin reading and digesting Melissa Townsend's very well-written, 115-page LWB.

Melissa begins by explaining the origin of this deck and tells a bit about herself and her reading career. She introduces the cards with a paragraph about the origin of Tarot and goes into structure from there, with an explanation of how the major and minor arcana work, what the suits and numbers represent. Plus, she explains the use of the two extra cards included in this deck -- a black card and a white card, which basically represent "opposing forces that work together" (i.e. yin and yang). She uses the Celtic Cross for her layout and gives a good explanation of how to use it.

The most interesting bit in last night's reading, though, was the admonition that reversals must be used, and I realized that I'm ready to read with reversals!

Mainly, however, as a fan of "The Process", I'm trying to shake off the guilty feeling from reading the LWB. :D

Later... :)

Flaxen

I've come to the end of my IDS with the Liber T...for now.

It's been a fascinating process and I've learnt a lot but still a long way to go. :)

I'm going to stop with it for a few months - I have a particular interest I want to pursue but I may well come and IDS with a deck that will support my new goal for the next few months.

kabang

Who hasn't touched their IDS deck in over a month?

*sheepishly raises hand*

Yup, my poor Medieval Scapini is collecting dust next to my big stack of unread New Yorker magazines and my knitting. I don't even know if this is the right IDS thread...! What a fiasco the past few months have been, including my tarot studies. :(

The good news is, I've started an in-depth study of the court cards, something I've always shirked because I "got the general idea." The bad news is, I'm using my Universal Waite, and not my Scapini.

Time to do some thinking about whether or not I want to recommit...

kmartin60

hand sheepishly waves as well.....

I havnet done "SQUAT" with ANY deck in some time! I have standing readings due that I've ignored as well....Where did my wonder/desire/fire vanish to?

Whats bad it isnt only my Tarot life that is being affected...anyone elses world's not behaving proper?

flying black kat

Me as well.

I have been spending more time with TDM's & TDB's then anything else.

I used my Greenwood last night for the 1st time in months.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

zan_chan

Hi IDSers! Zan here :)

With our wonderful leader and IDS founder thorhammer on a bit of a tarot break, I've decided to take the reigns and try to put a fresh coat of paint on this thread. We're going to start a whole new thread with a whole new list of active participants and a slightly refreshed set of IDS guidelines. So I'm going to be asking all current IDSers who wish to stay committed to repost their deck commitment and their own personal guidelines once the new thread is started.

I'm very excited to get going on a new study and am looking forward to making some new study buddies and continuing to share this great experience with many of my long standing IDS companions :)

Look for the ALL NEW IDS thread to pop up some time tomorrow! In the meantime, this current thread will soon be closed, so please be patient till the new one is up :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot!

Zan