Is it possible to have a primary sign traits with secondary sign tendencies?

firecatpickles

I am also Cancer with rising sign Leo.

Maybe we should start a club!

kilts_knave
aka Krabby Kat })

star-lover

to the OP, what is your date of birth? whatever sign you are the probability is that one or more of the inner planets is in the adjacent signs so you could have mercury and venus in leo at the very least

GoddessArtemis

Melanchollic said:
I'm on the Gemini/Cancer cusp, and in contrast to my melancholic 'nom de plume', I lean more toward the sanguine 'airiness' of Gemini.
If your birthday is as your profile here indicates, you're not on the cusp; you're a Cancer...

GA

star-lover

GoddessArtemis said:
If your birthday is as your profile here indicates, you're not on the cusp; you're a Cancer...

GA

lots of planets in cancer too

i had a look and mel has jupiter in gemini - that means in cook book terms lots and lots of a gemini feeling (jupiter planet of excess)

i think your jupiter sign has a big input

Melanchollic

GoddessArtemis said:

GA

Thanks GA,

Yeah there's been some debate about that. Gary Goldschneider in The Secret Language of Birthdays sets the cusp as June 19 - June 24, others a more narrow range. I personally have traditionalist leanings and look at the whole enchilada (chart) and not so much just the Sun's position. God, I love this stuff!!

star-lover said:
lots of planets in cancer too

i had a look and mel has jupiter in gemini - that means in cook book terms lots and lots of a gemini feeling (jupiter planet of excess)

i think your jupiter sign has a big input

Thanks for that star-lover. Cool!

My birth-time is 10:36 pm (Houston, TX) if anyone wants to give me a free natal reading. LOL :D

:CL Cheers,

R
a
H

star-lover

here is your chart mel

all i can see which might make you feel like a gemini (apart from jupiter in gemini which is also ruler of your MC and sits in your 4th next to north node - perhaps the house of roots/soul and sign it has makes us *feel* like that sign alot) is your moon being on the cusp of the 3rd house (and possibly in it if different house systems are used)

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7513/astro2at75melancholic34dp1.gif

if you join the forums at astrodienst.com there are lots of threads discussing personal charts and lots of people interpreting

packed fifth house! Would think you come across as more Leo too and with all the cancer placements would suggest theatre and creativity to me - are you an actor, artist anything like that?

Melanchollic

star-lover!! What a surprise! I wasn't being serious!! But thank you so much for going to the trouble!! You're very sweet. :heart:

star-lover said:
packed fifth house! Would think you come across as more Leo too and with all the cancer placements would suggest theatre and creativity to me - are you an actor, artist anything like that?

I'm afraid I'm not an actor, though rather flamboyant in manner and dress, and tend to seek extreme novelty and adventure - martial arts, sky diving, motorcycles, and such.. yet also love to cook, spent time in a Rinzai Zen monastery, and tuck into Ficino, Dee, or Agrippa and any obscure alchemical texts I can get my hands on. I'm a bit of an enigma I reckon! ;)

R
a
H

GoddessArtemis

Going back to JustLearningTarot's original question...I wonder if there's a "true" any one of the signs. Some people do seems to display the stereotypical characteristics of their sun sign, but more than anything...I've seen a lot of people display more the Ascendant/Moon combination of their charts. Of course, it helps if either of those placements is the same as the Sun sign, but for the most part, people are a mystery...and yet, not so complicated after all.

Also, I've seen some come across very strongly through their Venus sign, but I suppose that depends on the nature of the relationship and the part of their chart that it emphasizes or hits upon.

Did that make sense? It's still too early in the morning for me... :p

GA

star-lover

Melanchollic said:
star-lover!! What a surprise! I wasn't being serious!! But thank you so much for going to the trouble!! You're very sweet. :heart:

I'm afraid I'm not an actor, though rather flamboyant in manner and dress, and tend to seek extreme novelty and adventure - martial arts, sky diving, motorcycles, and such.. yet also love to cook, spent time in a Rinzai Zen monastery, and tuck into Ficino, Dee, or Agrippa and any obscure alchemical texts I can get my hands on. I'm a bit of an enigma I reckon! ;)

R
a
H

oh LOL! well youre welcome anyway was no trouble, i think love of cooking will be your moon in taurus too :)

star-lover

GoddessArtemis said:
Going back to JustLearningTarot's original question...I wonder if there's a "true" any one of the signs. Some people do seems to display the stereotypical characteristics of their sun sign, but more than anything...I've seen a lot of people display more the Ascendant/Moon combination of their charts. Of course, it helps if either of those placements is the same as the Sun sign, but for the most part, people are a mystery...and yet, not so complicated after all.

Also, I've seen some come across very strongly through their Venus sign, but I suppose that depends on the nature of the relationship and the part of their chart that it emphasizes or hits upon.

Did that make sense? It's still too early in the morning for me... :p

GA

as far as i understand it the sun sign is our real core, and not everyone lives up to this as it requires some effort
from what i have read men tend to display a combination of their sun/mars signs and women of their moon/venus signs

its all so complicated though i agree :D

but yeah i agree the ascendant is a powerful player in all of this too