Is it possible to predict time with tarot?

Cacia

Hello
I have a question how do you guys do timing with tarot?, Is it possible to predict time with tarot?

thanks for sharing

tarotbear

Do you mean in the sense of 'This will happen in 3 months, that will happen in 5 months, etc., etc.' or do you mean something highly specific like 'This will happen at 5:29 p.m. on Friday, Sept 19, 2014'?

IMHO - 'Time' is a man-made construct, and the Universe does not relate to such picayune things such as seconds, months, or decades. In the Universe, time is lateral, circular, or possibly even spiral, and the past, present, and future all exist at the same time.

In some Tarot cards there is a moon, usually in both full and either the first or last quarter; when these pop up - depending on what phase the real moon is right now (for example, tonight is Full Moon) it can say that the events predicted may happen when the moon gets to either of those phases, so since tonight is already Full moon, and the Tarot card has a full moon with a last quarter, I would say that the events will happen in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Likewise - Aces can predict seasons, but no one agrees on which Ace is which season, and if you are in the southern hemisphere they are opposite! We are into Autumn and those down under are into Spring! This would make a difference in your reading by 6 months if you say 'It will happen in the Spring'!

Also - if you decide that the Ace of Cups is Summer - does that mean the months kids are out of school - June, July, August, or the solar summer - May, June, July? All of these things affect how 'time' is predicted in Tarot ... and I am sure there are other examples...

This is why some people ask their question around a time frame; "Tell me about my life in for the next six months" rather than doing a reading about their life and trying to figure out what the cards are giving them for a timeframe.

Cacia

Do you mean in the sense of 'This will happen in 3 months, that will happen in 5 months, etc., etc.' or do you mean something highly specific like 'This will happen at 5:29 p.m. on Friday, Sept 19, 2014'?

IMHO - 'Time' is a man-made construct, and the Universe does not relate to such picayune things such as seconds, months, or decades. In the Universe, time is lateral, circular, or possibly even spiral, and the past, present, and future all exist at the same time.

In some Tarot cards there is a moon, usually in both full and either the first or last quarter; when these pop up - depending on what phase the real moon is right now (for example, tonight is Full Moon) it can say that the events predicted may happen when the moon gets to either of those phases, so since tonight is already Full moon, and the Tarot card has a full moon with a last quarter, I would say that the events will happen in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Likewise - Aces can predict seasons, but no one agrees on which Ace is which season, and if you are in the southern hemisphere they are opposite! We are into Autumn and those down under are into Spring! This would make a difference in your reading by 6 months!

Also - if you decide that the Ace of Cups is Summer - does that mean the months kids are out of school - June, July, August, or the solar summer - May, June, July? All of these things affect how 'time' is predicted in Tarot ... and I am sure there are other examples...

This is why some people ask their question around a time frame; "Tell me about my life in for the next six months" rather than doing a reading about their life and trying to figure out what the cards are giving them for a timeframe.

Well, my question was more like you stated in your sentence " Do you mean in the sense of 'This will happen in 3 months, that will happen in 5 months", in that sense but also understand that in the universe this happened all at the same time as you explain yourself (past, present, future).

I really appreciate your input and can understand where you going with this great explanation, but I have see that some spreads can tell how many days in x season an event will unravel, but I was wondering how accurate this can be and if it is possible to really predict time with tarot or perhaps will just give you an idea.

Yes, I have done spreads where people ask tell me about 3 months from now what the future holds for me etc, but I was searching for Timing spreads and I found this example; The querent asked when her relative will visit her ? The reader went on pull 3 cards, ace being the season when she will visit, then the next card from the same group will be the days and the last card is major arcana that will explain how many weeks into that season x event will happened. Like you stated in your example the result can be different depending in which hemisphere live. So, was wondering can be really predicted like that? Is it that simple? Thanks for sharing

nisaba

The "search" function is wonderful. It would have pulled up this thread for you.

tarotbear

I really appreciate your input and can understand where you going with this great explanation, but I have see that are some spreads can tell how many days in determine season an event will unravel, but I was wondering how accurate this can be and if it is possible to really predict time with tarot.
Yes, but in using any spread, you have decided before you even throw the cards what the placement of the cards is supposed to reveal, so in using a 'time' spread you are already 'programming' your answer to fit into those 'constraints.' This may be where Tarot both works and fails; your Ace (what happens if you don't get an Ace? What happens if it's the King of Pentacles?) may give you a season, but can we ever be sure the 9 Wands in the next slot means 9 days into the start of the season, and the third card being the 3 Swords means they'll arrive 9 days into that season and stay 3 weeks? What if it means they'll arrive on the 9:30 train? :)

I believe with Tarot we may have a chance at predicting general time, but I would never expect it to be as accurate as a Swiss watch. Your mileage may vary.

Cacia

The "search" function is wonderful. It would have pulled up this thread for you.

Thanks Nisaba for sharing, but was asking how accurate this timing spreads can be. I am looking for the consensus of all of you, what do you think ???

Do you think this give you an accurate time frame or events will happened when they have to happened

Thanks

nisaba

Thanks Nisaba for sharing, but was asking how accurate this timing spreads can be. I am looking for the consensus of all of you, what do you think ???

Do you think this give you an accurate time frame or events will happened when they have to happened

Thanks

It's not a spread, it's a single draw. Look at the comments on the thread for other people's opinions. As I invented this method decades ago, I'm going to say it's great. Look to other people's comments, they're all there.

Cacia

Yes, but in using any spread, you have decided before you even throw the cards what the placement of the cards is supposed to reveal, so in using a 'time' spread you are already 'programming' your answer to fit into those 'constraints.' This may be where Tarot both works and fails; your Ace (what happens if you don't get an Ace? What happens if it's the King of Pentacles?) may give you a season, but can we ever be sure the 9 Wands in the next slot means 9 days into the start of the season, and the third card being the 3 Swords means they'll arrive 9 days into that season and stay 3 weeks? What if it means they'll arrive on the 9:30 train? :)

I believe with Tarot we may have a chance at predicting general time, but I would never expect it to be as accurate as a Swiss watch. Your mileage may vary.

True, you have a point when you say that this is a pre-program result but with this spread that I explained you have to pull an ace first in order to know when the event will happened, but does not go into a much detail to tell you exact times, yet give you a frame time for example: autumn the 7 day of the 15 week your aunt will arrive.

You right is not accurate as the swiss watch, so, you agree that can predict a time frame but it can not be accurate, good to know thanks for sharing

Cacia

It's not a spread, it's a single draw. Look at the comments on the thread for other people's opinions. As I invented this method decades ago, I'm going to say it's great. Look to other people's comments, they're all there.

Well, thanks for sharing I will read through it

jenessa

Tough question.

I don't use any one timing method, nor do I use timing spreads, though I always CONSIDER whether the cards drawn could be suggesting a time frame. & Every so often, i'll get a sense that a particular card relates to the time when the situation the rest of the cards are describing will manifest. Which is kinda strange where i'm concerned, cuz i don't read intuitively as a rule .. but every so often i'll "feel" that one of the cards concerns the timing of when something will occur. Not to mention, but when I look back at readings that i've done, with hindsight I can see where the cards contained a clue as to when the reading would play-out. So i've found it helpful to keep a journal.

& As far as "considering when" something would transpire, I begin by considering the context of the reading. For example: do the cards drawn indicate alot of movement & activity, or are they more introspective, etc. Is the question asked (or the situation being inquired into) one which is currently effecting the querent? &/Or is the subject matter of the question, one which would have a tendency to be resolved in the near future? So it's important to also consider the question/issue, when putting the reading into context.

& Of course it depends on the cards that are drawn. Or rather should I say, sometimes the cards clearly indicate a flow of energy, or cycle of activity, and these types of readings are the ones where a time frame would be relevant to the reading as a whole.

In any event, aside from when I feel that a card has appeared to address the issue of time, I always check the card that falls in the "future outcome" position to see if the time frame that is attributed to it re: golden dawn system could have relevance to the issue. IF not, then next I consider whether the season attributed to the cards suit, would be a good fit re: the issue. IF so, i'll read the card in terms of the following method:

CUPS/Water = Spring >> begins on March 20th. (or thereabouts, depends on actual year)
WANDS/Fire = Summer >> begins June 21st. re: the 1st. day of Summer (summer solstice)
COINS/Earth = Autumn >> begins on Sept. 23rd.
SWORDS/Air = Winter >> begins Dec. 22nd. (winter solstice)

Then I read the season in terms of the card # to try and gage how many weeks into the season the event would occur. For EG.: 3 Cups = 3rd. week of Spring = week of: Apr. 3 - 9 >> SO possible time frame of: Early April.

Note: Page = 11th. week; Knight = 12th. wk.; The Queen is the 13 wk. of the season; & the King represents the transition time into the next season.

Also Note: The Aces are for the Solstices and Equinoxes (so it's only one day for each Ace). The other 13 cards per SUIT stand for the 13 weeks of each season.

In any event, sometimes the time frames of the golden dawn system are a good fit re: the subject matter &/or movement shown in the reading. & Other times the season offers a clue. Though it really does depend on what the cards are addressing.

& As far as the golden dawn atrributes re: time frames, if you go to the tarot of colour website, you will see where these are given for all the cards.