Judgment as attractive quality?

CastleRock

I tried to find topics on the forum about this, but I'm not sure it's been addressed before. What could Judgment mean as positive qualities in a person?

I thought it could mean that the person is a good judge of character or that the person gives good advice.

obeygravity

When I think of Judgment, I think of Forgiveness. So maybe they like the forgiving quality in the person. I also think of fairness, but it's not as harsh and stoic as Justice, it's a more compassionate and understanding form.

Mellifluous

someone going forward in a positive way, letting go of bad past experiences.

Debra

Judgement sees and assesses the Big Picture, the forest not the trees.

nisaba

CastleRock said:
I tried to find topics on the forum about this, but I'm not sure it's been addressed before. What could Judgment mean as positive qualities in a person?

I thought it could mean that the person is a good judge of character or that the person gives good advice.
I see it as deeper than that" the person has done the hard yards: has gone through their Long Dark ?teatime of the Soul, has made amends for the wrongs they have done and been of service to those they might have deliberately or accidentally harmed. Judgement is *such* a potent and deep card, so powerfully about our inner ethics and our inner selves that are far too deep to be in our voluntary control, that its appearance as an attractive force would seem to suggest that the observer is so in love that they see the person as a whole, totally healed human being on all levels (and I don't think any of us are that).

If they are then attracted to that, it provides a tenuous basis for a relationship, as one day they will wake up and realise their partner is not a God Incarnate but just a flawed - if loveable - human being just like them, and this could represent a serious threat to any relationship built on the foundation of one person's perfection.

Thirteen

nisaba said:
I see it as deeper than that" the person has done the hard yards: has gone through their Long Dark ?teatime of the Soul, has made amends for the wrongs they have done and been of service to those they might have deliberately or accidentally harmed....

If they are then attracted to that, it provides a tenuous basis for a relationship, as one day they will wake up and realise their partner is not a God Incarnate...
Wow. Bummer on the partner. But I think you might be taking it a bit too far. Attractive quality suggests to me something fairly mild, not magnetic, and CastleRock did ask, specifically, about "positive qualities" not what someone would see in another person that would lead them to false assumptions.

I certainly see a person who has gone through deep soul searching and come out the other side having both made amends and forgiven others their transgressions. This means, in the positive quality category, that they know how to be empathetic, are--indeed--good judges of of people and situations, know how to roll with punches, apologize when they're in the wrong, or walk away if there is nothing more to be done.

In fact, what pops to mind is someone who's likely been through some recovery group and succeeded so well that they can now lead such groups or sponcer others. This doesn't, by any stretch, mean that they'll be mistaken for saintly--just someone who's been there and done that, survived it and learned from it.

nisaba

But, if it's what they see, we all see things that aren't there or are not as we see them, right?

It's certainly a thought to consider. Feel free to dismiss it out of hand <grin>.

Mojo Twin 2

A person of strong character, someone who is balanced and is able to see both sides of a situation. Someone who has had experience in life and shares that wisdom with others. Libra/Justice people strongly aspected carry themselves very well and may appear more attractive. This person will tell you the truth, even if you don't want to hear it.

Thirteen

nisaba said:
But, if it's what they see, we all see things that aren't there or are not as we see them, right?

It's certainly a thought to consider. Feel free to dismiss it out of hand <grin>.
I'm not dismissing it out of hand :), I'm just going back to the original question: "What could Judgment mean as positive qualities in a person?" That doesn't really seem to have anything to do with seeing things that aren't there or aren't as we see them. It seems pretty straight forward--positive qualities in a person, not perceived qualities.