keeping tarot cards in bags or boxes

a_shikhs

Do you keep your cards in bags or the boxes that the deck comes in? Do you throw the box or keep it? I suddenly have so many decks and am a little confused whether I should keep the box or discard it. My drawer is overflowing with tarot decks and my bookshelf is full of books. :p I need to make place for my new tarot goodies now. Lot of work to do now. whew.. ;) So what do you do?

Papageno

boxes offer better protection and a means of identification........and they're stackable if need be. if your collection keeps growing you'll regret throwing away the boxes.

Mimers

Oh my gosh, don't throw away the boxes. That is a big mistake. If you are accumulating a lot of decks, the boxes are easier and neater to store them in. I just bag my main reading decks.

Miren

If they have a little, personal box (not the Llewellyn one, but the kind that fits tight which they came in), then I keep them in that INSIDE the bag. For extra protection, and so I have a place to store the box.

HearthCricket

Pssst...Shikha....

"Something" is coming in the mail, shortly, (well, depending on the mailmen!) which will help you store your decks. In the meantime, make bags for the ones you want and just pile your decks somewhere until this arrives. Trust me! I am sending you some storage, so don't make any rash decisions! :D Can't tell more. And you know why!!! Hehehehee....

((())))
HearthCricket...looking out for little Sis and her decks!

sharpchick

Miren said:
If they have a little, personal box (not the Llewellyn one, but the kind that fits tight which they came in), then I keep them in that INSIDE the bag. For extra protection, and so I have a place to store the box.

I do the same thing. And if the box gets battered from repeated opening and closing, I trash it. I have a couple of decorative wood boxes I use for decks also.

RaeBelle

I make and buy bags for my decks because it's fun and I like to keep them in pretty things. Normally I also keep the deck in its box (but only if it actually fits properly in the box). I am going to need a proper storage area though. Right now they are in some cute boxes I bought at an office supply store.

But, whatever HearthCricket sends you will be wonderful I'm sure! :)

Jewel

Keep your boxes, it makes it easier to trade the decks at a later date. Although today you would not even consider that, trust me some day you might.

Decks not in use I keep in their original boxes staked in my tarot book case. Decks that I am using are in bags on the same shelf and pull them at time of use. I put them in bags to save the wear and tear on original boxes if I am using them very frequently ... again, in case I ever decide to trade them.

Whiteroom

I too keep the boxes, I believe they're on top of my wardrobe.

Cards which I don't use regularly are stored in the boxes but the cards I do use a lot a friend of mine sows so she has loads of spare material so she makes me bags and they're all individual and in return I do her and her families readings free. All these bags are then within an old vanity case with my journal and note book for easy transport.

tabbycat

With deck/book sets, I keep the books on a shelf and the deck in a bag. The outer boxes can often be folded flat for storage.