King of Pents & 5 of ups?

moonpixie

I did a basic 3 card spread about what A wants from B (in terms of romance/relationship). The third card drawn was the King of Pents which I found hard to get a grip on as A is a man and B is a woman (had it have been the other way around then I'm sure I'd have understood it a lot better). I could take a stab the A wants B to *want* him to be a provider, long-term partner to her, etc. But perhaps I'm being too narrow? I pulled a card for extra info on the KoP and got the 5 of Cups, which I'm very confused by.

Perhas I shouldn't have pulled a clarifier, but any thoughts on what this combo of cards could suggest as what a guy would want from a woman whom he's interested in?

le fey

You might get a better overall look at this in terms of your specific reading by posting it in Your Readings, but in general I don't see the Courts as being gender specific... I'd look to what traits and roles that court has and read it that way.

That is... A wants B to be the one in control of the financial management, to be successful in their career and finances, to ensure the provision of nice things, etc, etc. Doesn't matter if B is male or female - A is looking for King energy from B, rather than Queen energy.

moonpixie

Hm, yes I see your point (about courts not being gender specific, I can tend to forget that) but things like finances, career, etc, really don't play a part in things with them right now whatsoever.

le fey

:) Again, to look at it as it pertains to your particular reading, you'd need to take it over to Your Readings.

That said, expectations about career, finances, etc, exist for some people from the very beginning and even before (that is, 'my ideal mate will be successful...will be good with money...'). Even if its not actually an issue yet, it could be something they're looking at.

moonpixie

Hi, thanks le fey. I was going to post the whole thing in Your Readings but it's a bit chunky and I don't think I could face typing it all out right now : ) It was mainly just this KoP I was a bit stuck on. But I do think I've probably been looking at it too narrowly.

Thanks again!