Lenormand Astro Mythological books

MareSaturni

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone knows where i can find a book about Lenormand's Astro Mythological (also known as "Le Grand Jeu") to buy, preferably in dollars? It's because Euro is way too expensive for me, and with the shipping to Brazil (which isn't exactly ship), it'll be too much for my student budget (i only managed to get this deck during my trip to France).

I have the deck, and find it sorta hard to study alone. It's even harder to find people interested in studying it, so i decided to look for a book, Unfortunately, i only saw them in european online shops and these ones i cannot afford.

I don't mind the book being in French, since i can understand it more or less (besides, it'd help me to improve my French :D). Some books i know that exist about the subject:
"Le Livre du Grand Jeu de Mlle Lenormand" by Jean-Didier
"Le Grand Jeu de Mlle. Lenormand" by Colette Silvestre-Haeberle & Linda Maar

Any help is welcome! ;)

Thanks in advance!

yaraluna

hi there

I am in the process of buying this deck. can you give me any feedback on the deck itself. how you like it or not.
I am wondering now if the deck in tarot garden has the book or not. do you know?
thanks
yara

MareSaturni

Hi!

This is a very interesting deck. It doesn't come with a book, but with a Little White Book that happens to be complete when you are just starting to use the deck. It teaches the basics. The cards of the version i have are the big ones...grimaud has published a smaller version, but it becomes too hard to see the details of the pictures in small cards, IMHO. They are easier to handle, though.
It's a complex deck, each card has four images (that if you don't count the constellations on the top, the playing card and the letter)...everything has a meaning and might be important or give insights during the reading.
Many consider this deck worth only as a collector's item. I think that if you have the patience it takes to learn it, it might be a great deck.

I only know one forum that studies the Grand Jeu but it's a bit dead right now...it's not a very popular deck, that's why i'm looking for a book.
If you are interested in French Cartomancy, different decks or complex ones, it's a nice one to own. I don't regret the money i spent on mine ;)

No, the deck doesn't come with any book - just the LWB.
House of Tarot has it too:
http://www.houseoftarot.com/Cartomancy/Grand+Jeu+de+Mlle+Lenormand+by+Grimaud.html

Hope this helps :)