Lenormand Overload?

greatdane

Those are the ones I'm talking about, Le Fanu

We have had a plethora of great Lenormand decks this year. I'm not suggesting this can just keep going, merely that I am glad many new Lenormands came out as I prefer decks sans the inserts and with more choices that I had seen even a year ago. I think 2014 will find me getting a few more Lenormand and then I will likely be finished unless something really sublime comes out I love. But I must admit I am avidly awaiting the Flonz Victorian. I think I was so happy this year just because of the decks like Berenika, the Vintage German I could get without borders, inserts or verses. But I don't wish to see Lenormand going the way of tarot where it morphs into a trendy theme park of reading. I get what you're saying.

tarotlyn

:heart: You know, some people see 'joy' in 'everything' ...
...and some people only see 'negative' in 'everything.'

Where is your understanding of the 'joy' that goes into making a deck?

Also, I think it is totally wrong to say it is a 'gold mine' to create decks.
There is very little money in being a self-publisher of card decks.

I do believe that with most of the self-publishers of these decks, (and I know all of these artists),
find great *love, joy and pleasure* when creating their decks from their hearts. I know I do.
- as well as *sharing* that deck of love, joy, and pleasure with others - and most of these
self-publishers are not doing it for the money - (of course, I said 'most' of them are not.) I'm not.
I give a lot of my decks away.

When my husband died about 4 years ago, I was so happy to find something I loved doing
and sharing with others. It keeps me happy, it keeps me busy. And other's love what I do too.

I receive emails *every single day* from people that have bought my
'pink, yellow, and blue' decks and they absolutely LOVE them.
Of course I give them 72 cards to choose from instead of 36 (for about
the same price as 36). So, for me at least, it is not easier than making a tarot deck.

Who cares if there are a zillion or a Ga-zillon new decks coming out? Why care?
You don't have to look at them, much less buy them.

To each his own...

:heart: Hugs to those that understand what I am trying to say...

Attachments

• 24.HEART.jpg
    24.HEART.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 24.HEART.9.jpg
    24.HEART.9.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 126

greatdane

I understand what you're saying, Tarotlyn

Everyone has the right to create whatever they wish, especially if it brings them joy :). I know you put much love and care into what you create.
I do admit if I came across a Hello Kitty Lenormand, I know I wouldn't get it, but I wouldn't deny someone else their right to make it or have it, just like I wouldn't want to deny someone their right to have the tarot deck of their choice. Like you said, people have the option of buying a deck or not and to each their own. May everyone have whichever decks they wish and to create whichever decks they wish.

tarotlyn

:heart: Very well said, my friend :thumbsup:

tarotlyn

:heart::) Also by the way, there have been several member's little children that have created
decks for sale - and I SNAP them up immediately because of the joy they felt when they
created those 36 little cards. Those are very special decks to me.

so it is just how you choose to look at it... everybody and their uncle are making decks...

...and I say: GOOD FOR THEM ... and if I like what I see, I will buy it :heart:

...by the way, ALL the money I have ever made on my selling my decks, goes towards
buying *other decks* from other artists here and on facebook LOL - It is what we all do :heart:

:heart: peace everyone...

Edited to say:
I even bought tarotbears's new tarot deck " Every Man's Tarot" -
- even though the Tarot community was "overloaded" with decks...
I bought it because I felt the joy tarotbear had while making his wonderful creation...
(just wanted to add that info)

Melia

Not wishing to trash Lenormands here, but has there been a recent over-resurgence of them - like - 'EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER IS KNOCKING OUT LENORMANDS'! :bugeyed:

Between 'The Petite Lenormand' "the Humungous Lenormand" 'The Samhain Lenormand' "the Yuletide Lenormand" 'The Tuesday Morning Lenormand' "The mid-Friday Afternoon Lenormand" 'The I'm Late for Work Lenormand' 'My Period is Late Lenormand' and "The I Hate My Mother-In-Law Lenormand" - can we say 'a tad bit overdone' ??? :confused:

Oh come on now tarotbear, get with the program - we don't have the Every Man's Lenormand knocked out yet! Seriously though, I HEAR YOU, but I don't see this as a negative. Each to their own. And I'm loving the fact that there are now a few English books on the subject of Lenormand - when I started there were none.

Padma

I have to agree with some opinions here about the freedom and joy and personal challenge of making a deck. If you want to make a Lenormand, why not?

Myself I prefer the clean lines and pictures of the more traditional decks. Nothing to distract the eye - or I begin to go into tarot mode and read all the details on the cards! :p So for me personally, plainer and more traditional is better. But that is just me.

Still, it's a free world - and if there can be a bazillion tarot decks of every genre and stripe and style, why not the same for Lenormand or other oracles?

greatdane

That reminded me of the Flonz that is coming out LP!

I love the simple, elegant lines, or old images and paintings as long as they are very Lenormand in their execution. But if someone wants a glittered and blinged and sequined Lenormand, well, their right (and Ok, I would LIKE to SEE that lol)

Padma

I love the simple, elegant lines, or old images and paintings as long as they are very Lenormand in their execution. But if someone wants a glittered and blinged and sequined Lenormand, well, their right (and Ok, I would LIKE to SEE that lol)

You can always check out Donnaleigh's youtube vids - she blings her Lennie decks with sparkles and stuff! :laugh:

Rhinemaiden

Different decks for different tastes. I tend to keep my opinions to myself rather than rain on anyone's parade (most of the new decks are not my cuppa -- too much frosting, too many frills and embellishments) and vote with my checkbook. Haven't bought a new Lenormand in six months. :(