• Tarot is a Celestial game, Gods play at their free time

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Tarot is a channel for whoever/whatever is there at the moment

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • It never tells truth, only tales

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Tarot shows one of the possibilities from infinite number of others

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • It tells what you want to hear (even if unconsciously)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Abrac

It tells what you want to hear (even if unconsiously). I'm not sure if I'm taking this particular response in the spirit it was intended, but here's my take.

I don't believe that generally people approach an oracle thinking, "I'd rather not hear what this oracle has to say." Even if it reveals something you'd rather ignore, a sincere seeker wants the good, the bad, and the ugly. One of the main reasons people consult oracles, imo, is to have things revealed that were previously unconsious. People want to know who they are and where they're going; it gives them a feeling of security. That's one of the reasons oracles like the Tarot are so popular, imo. If it only revealed absolute truth, whether you liked it or not, pretty soon you would start feeling like a moron. If it gives you what you want to hear, mixed with a little of what you would rather not hear, but are appreciative of, it gives you a sense that you have control in an unpredictable world, and you feel better.

fools fools

light2000

For me tarot tells always the truth of course we need to have a clear mind and positive thoughts.

More the faith on it more clear is the reading.

contradiction

I voted "other", as has been discussed many times before, tarot itself, the cards have no power, the cards do not lie, but do not tell the truth, actually they tell nothing. It is up to the reader to visualize the situation, analyze it, then commentary it, the cards are just a tool to help focus the mind.