Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

GryffinSong

linnie said:
Have you see that 'dissolving' tuille, GryffinSong? You can sew over it, using it as a foundation fabric to embroider, and then wash it, or soak it, and it dissolves, leaving only your embroidered pattern... I've never used it but t was being used in a sewing workshop at Camp Creative (a week of fun!!!) and I thought it was a very cool idea!!! The possibilities!!! :):):)

Nope, haven't seen it. Sounds weird!!! LOL

linnie

GryffinSong said:
Nope, haven't seen it. Sounds weird!!! LOL
Peopel were making really amazing things with it... in an undersea theme, which made me think of you... You could run a sewing machine in whatever pattern you liked, really delicately, so that, when the dissolveable stuff was removed, you were left with beautiful filigree work... Quite beautiful, really... maybe not your thing though, as you do quite bold applique bits, as in solid pieces, and this is more ethereal effect, I guess :) I think I may actually look for some for my next "Of fibre" exhibition, though... hee hee :):):) :heart:

GryffinSong

Oh, I think I know what you're talking about now. Where you're just left with the thread itself, not any fabric backing? That makes sense ... I couldn't understand the advantage if you were just embroidering on fabric. Guess my brain has headed to sleep before the rest of me!!! LOL

linnie

GryffinSong said:
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about now. Where you're just left with the thread itself, not any fabric backing? That makes sense ... I couldn't understand the advantage if you were just embroidering on fabric. Guess my brain has headed to sleep before the rest of me!!! LOL
Yes :):):)

Witchy Woman

Good morning everyone...Good evening Linnie!

GryffinSong

Good morning!!! :)

I got up WAY too early today, and am so excited to be watching my mailbox ... hopefully a package or two will be here and I can add to my growing treasure oracle. :heart:

linnie

Good morning, Witchy and GryffinSong... yes.. it's nearly the witching hour over here again... :) How's your throat, Witchy? Are you well yet??? Salt water/thyme/salt water/thyme..... :) Have you tried them yet??? :heart:

I really hope your packages arrive today, GryffinSong... :)

Exciting, huh... :) I'm keen to get all the bits together because I don't think I will go through the creating my junk oracle process until all parcels have arrived... and I'm reluctant to do readings without the complete oracle, too... Although I expect it will keep expanding forever, won't it, with new pieces arriving to replace outgrown ones, and other pieces just wanting to be part of someone else's oracle instead!!! :):)

Have happy days :)

linnie

Witchy Woman said:
Good morning everyone...Good evening Linnie!
Hee hee... I just realised you said evening to me before I'd even arrived, Witchy... :):):) Hee hee....

kaleanna

Hi Everyone,

How is everyone????

Witchy, you feeling any better????

linnie

Morning, Kaleanna :) I'm just about to hit the hay, but thought I'd just wish you a wonder-filled day today :)