Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

GryffinSong

OMG, bodhran, that's perfect!!! :heart:

BodhiSeed

GryffinSong said:
OMG, bodhran, that's perfect!!! :heart:
Thanks GS!:heart: They make them from "recycled" tree roots (they don't cut them down but find them to use). It just seemed so "me"!:D

Witchy Woman

bodhran said:
Now that the Booty Babes all have our loot, I've been trying to figure out what to put it in to do draws with. At first I was going to use a wooden box, but it is hard to scoop in the corners - now I see why others have bowls.:D Well I have been pinching my pennies lately, but when I saw this at Target I thought I would splurge a bit - my new flotsam and jetsam bowl:
http://www.target.com/Carved-Wood-Serving-Bowl/dp/B0012QH4AK/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_1_title
Ive seen that before at our Target also. Awhile ago, before this Forum was even found. It is perfect though for this, and it looks like its drift wood also, even more perfect :) Good for you!
I do agree with the wood box, like the trunk one i have, not easy with the corners so i was thinking of keeping it in there for safe keeping, and dumping it into a black sack of sorts that I will either make or find? LOL...or have Kaleanna make for me :) he he he with her good sewing and all :) he he he

Satori

Gorgeous bowl!!!! Grand idea!

kaleanna

Witchy Woman said:
Ive seen that before at our Target also. Awhile ago, before this Forum was even found. It is perfect though for this, and it looks like its drift wood also, even more perfect :) Good for you!
I do agree with the wood box, like the trunk one i have, not easy with the corners so i was thinking of keeping it in there for safe keeping, and dumping it into a black sack of sorts that I will either make or find? LOL...or have Kaleanna make for me :) he he he with her good sewing and all :) he he he

LOL Witchy, I am not sure what black fabric I have but we could work something out if ya don't find something you like ;)

kaleanna

bodhran said:
Now that the Booty Babes all have our loot, I've been trying to figure out what to put it in to do draws with. At first I was going to use a wooden box, but it is hard to scoop in the corners - now I see why others have bowls.:D Well I have been pinching my pennies lately, but when I saw this at Target I thought I would splurge a bit - my new flotsam and jetsam bowl:
http://www.target.com/Carved-Wood-Serving-Bowl/dp/B0012QH4AK/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_1_title

That is a perfect bowl for this bodhran :D

BodhiSeed

:heart:Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to filling it full of treasures. Still trying to explain to the hubs why a tupperware bowl wouldn't do.:D

Witchy Woman

bodhran said:
:heart:Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to filling it full of treasures. Still trying to explain to the hubs why a tupperware bowl wouldn't do.:D
Simple...BECAUSE ITS PLASTIC :)

Witchy Woman

kaleanna said:
LOL Witchy, I am not sure what black fabric I have but we could work something out if ya don't find something you like ;)
Your such a sweety. I was just pulling your chain. I have to boxes of materials, a I got a used sewing machine from Craigslist. I just need to sit and work it. Heck I dont think Ive even plugged it in to see if it works. LOL. But if it dont, I may take you up on the offer and just send you my material with some cash :) and a diagram of the bag.

linnie

bodhran said:
That's great, Bodhran :) It's perfect... very organic looking... free-flowing, to match the free-flowing nature of a junk oracle :) It actually looks a bit like Camphor Laurel, which would be wonderful, especially if the bowls were made somewhere that it is growing rather too prolifically (Is that a word???) ... :)