Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

linnie

LOL, Witchy,

Yeah it was kinda strange not being on AT last nite and missed chatting with ya'll . I am glad that the upgrade didn't take long and that most of it happened while I was asleep, ROFL.
You very fortunate Northern Hemisphere-eans!!! I was off all day here... and into the later parts of the night... so, no AT for me, while kaleanna and neighbours slept contentedly!! But, yay... we're back on... with clever new bits to see what context someone's quote was written in... :):):) I hope today finds you all well...
A new Sewing Machine, Witchy... coool... let the creative juices flow!!! :)

Witchy Woman

I haven't had anything in my mail box yet, but then I do live on the other side of the world from most of my fellow junkers... Patience is a virtue, and good things come to those who wait, and etc etc etc... :):):):angel:

I hate that saying...good things come to those who wait...i wanna shoot the person who said that...its bull!
Ive been waiting...hes not here...ive been waiting on alot of stuff...its still not here. bull. grrr
patience is a virtue...i can deal with :) lol

Witchy Woman

You very fortunate Northern Hemisphere-eans!!! I was off all day here... and into the later parts of the night... so, no AT for me, while kaleanna and neighbours slept contentedly!! But, yay... we're back on... with clever new bits to see what context someone's quote was written in... :):):) I hope today finds you all well...
A new Sewing Machine, Witchy... coool... let the creative juices flow!!! :)

Meh..newly used :) but new to me.

Witchy Woman

yeah. i cant get it to work right....the needle part isnt going up and down..the bobbin wheel part on top, to fill the bobbin is going...ive tryed the diagram were it says to tighten it...but still not workig..what am i doing wrong..this sucks.

kaleanna

Bummers Witchy, that sucks. :(

linnie

yeah. i cant get it to work right....the needle part isnt going up and down..the bobbin wheel part on top, to fill the bobbin is going...ive tryed the diagram were it says to tighten it...but still not workig..what am i doing wrong..this sucks.

The round knob on the right hand side of the machine may have come loose... can you hold it tight and tighten the whole thing, as if you are doing up a jar lid???

Witchy Woman

I think the problem was, i hadnt put the bobbin, back in correctly and it wasnt connecting..bla bla...cuz i ended up breaking the needle...LOL. so replaced that. put a different bobbin in, correctly this time. Yep, I tightened the right side big wheel again, and then it finally worked...yay..now the little Teeth thing, thats UNDER the needle and the Slead? looking thing that holds the material down..anyway. the teeth thing doesnt move it fast enough back? if they move..dont they shuffle it back, the material...how do you get it to go faster?or is that just me needing to pull it faster? IDK... :) sewers....hello sewers? hehehe

GryffinSong

You shouldn't have to pull on your fabric at all. The feed dogs (those pointy grabby things) move the fabric for you. All you do is step on the "go" pedal harder. Just like a car.

GryffinSong

By the way, what brand of sewing machine did you get? Between my mom and I we have several Singers, two Pfaffs, a White, and a few others. All but the Pfaffs are spares for group sewing gatherings, or old machines that we keep around just in case. We still have the old black 1950s era Singer that my mom bought when she was first married. And I got my old White at a thrift store for $20. It's metal and built like a tank. It still sews perfectly.

kaleanna

I have been keeping an eye out for a sewing machine but haven't found one yet, and even if I did, well would not be able to get it right now...... Hopefully I will get a job soon........ really need to find one...........