Lo Scarabeo decks 2007

Xarokys

Thanks for the preview!

Now I gotta to start saving my pennies. :)
I see several that are going on my must-have list.

firemaiden

Riccardo that was really fun to see! Thank you very much. What an amazingly productive year for Lo Scarabeo, wow!

Darla

Great! Thanks for the preview! I still have to look in detail at the other decks but I can say for sure that I will buy the Botticelli the very day it hits the shelf. I'm completely in love with Botticelli's art and to have it as a Tarot deck... :)

So I guess there is no Street Twilight deck in 2007? This was the other deck that I was dying to see pictures of. I really hope it will be published the year after. Please don't drop the idea; it sounds so very intriguing!

I also want to say that I really like that Lo Scarabeo is now publishing more and more bags as well. If you are as untalented as I am in that regard and live in Europe, it is rather hard to get them. Now I'm off to look at all the other decks!

gregory

RiccardoLS said:
(I made a smaller file so Gregory and other who, like him, have a slow connection, should be able to access as well).

ric
Thanks, ric.

gregory wishes to point out that he is a SHE.... (the GRANNY from hell....!!!!!)

No worries; you weren't the first, and you won't be the last :D

Queen of Pentacle

How exciting!

These coming Scarabeo tarots seem so very exciting.

Botticelli appeals to me, and if ever it is a "gold Boticelli"... Waw. I'll definitively will splurge! Scarabeo golden decks are always grand.

I wish that someday they'll make a classical looking "Rider-Waite" in golden foil...

From Klimt to Extensi, I have all their gold and silver decks, but do nearly never use them because of the different systems. I am sur that a lot of tarot lovers would appreciate a golden Rider-Waite tool.

And many other coming decks make me dream: Medieval, UFO, Sweet twilight, Wyrth, just the names make me crave. I hope that we will be able to see some pics soon!

By the way any idea when the scarabeo 2007 catalog is coming out?

Thanks for the infos... and thanks for such a wonderfull work Ricardo!

PS: Many scarabeo links in thi sthread aren't working, how frustating... And most of all, on their official website opening page, they still mention their 2004 catalog (yes 2004) ! Maybe they are too busy looking at these coming cards! Lucky them.

6 Haunted Days

Myrrha said:
Ooooh, I can't believe you are doing a twilight tarot. That sounds so magical! I hope the artwork captures the mystery of the light at that time, and the sense of "in-between". I will look forward to seeing this one.

--Myrrha

Me too!! I saw that and got SO excited! I can't wait to see the images.....

6 Haunted Days

GRrrrrrr. How typical. The one tarot I am interested in is of course the ONLY one that's not shown or sure about (Twilight Tarot). Any word on when it might get done?

Shade

Wow, what a wonderful collection of new decks. Some surprised me, decks that I thought wouldn't be for me actually look very intriguing (Mona Lisa, Pictorial Key).

I love that you are doing an African American tarot deck, it looks great. One tiny piece of advice. The line in the first post about it being a deck all African American people "could and should use" raised a red flag for me. I'm not African American but I imagine if I read about a deck all ____ should use and I was ______ I'd be suspicious. Just my two cents.

I'm also one of the "Twilight Tarot all the way" people, especially from your description here, I hope it gets a green light.

gregory

I'd agree actually - although it never actually quite stops me buying ;), the suggestion that a deck "should" (or worse, "will") be for me always raises my hackles. That applies triple for "feminist" decks.... Just a marketing thing, Ric, not a criticism of the actual decks :D

HearthCricket

Wonderful decks! Tarot of the Elves, Lo Scarabeo Deck, Sorcerer's Tarot, and about 3 others are definites to my collection. I am very pleased to see another deck (Mona Lisa) put out by the artist who did the Universal Fantasy. That is about to go on my favourite decks list. Wonderfully done! Boticelli is a must. I think there was just a handful that didn't interest me, but the rest of the batch looks quite promising. Finally...an Elven Tarot!

Now that you have done a Jane Austen Tarot would you consider a Dickens Tarot? But a different artist and more colourful. I was thinking Antonio Lupatelli. I could so see him making a jovial Mr. Pickwick! And a Scrooge much like Rackham.

Ah...what I would do to reincarnate Arthur Rackham to do a deck. Can you even imagine?? I wonder if you could hire Charles Van Sandwyk to do a deck. Wow!