lost an item and I need some "seeing" help!

Padma

UPDATE

*****Thanks everyone! Item found because of all of you who posted here! :) ******

Hey all :) My husband has lost an important piece of paper - the registration/ownership slip and the "daily use" key that goes with his motorcycle. We both clearly remember, last fall, when he put the bike in storage, this conversation: He: "When I am freaking out looking for my papers in the spring, please remind me that I have stashed it here" Me: "will do! Ok, you put it in the ____. I will try to remember. Why don't you store it in the clock box? That's a good place to put it". He: "Nah, I will just put it here."

We were in the dining room at that time...I have been turning the house upside down with him, but I have never been good at locating lost items - not a part of my seeing talent repertoire - and I cannot for the life of me remember the one last piece of that conversation - where he actually put it (and neither can he). So if anyone could help "seeing" where it is, it would be much appreciated - if it helps, we both have loads of decorative boxes, we live in a house, and there are so many drawers/boxes/hidey holes... :(

The little square of paper is the one that you get when you buy a vehicle, small and government (?) issued, I think it is in a small black - or sky blue - plastic cover with the insurance company name on it - and the key has a large plastic black top to it, and is attached to a pewter key fob with the name "Anderson" on it, with the family sigil of an oak tree etched above the name. We have the insurance paper square, so that part is not missing!

Sure hope I have put this in the right sub-forum! Mods, please move if it is in the wrong place...I wasn't sure if I should post it here, or in chat - thanks! :)

Roy

as soon as i read the title description i saw it in a drawer. It's neatly put away

Amanda

I feel like it's in a large piece of furniture, not only with drawers, but decorative/display windows. Maybe a china hutch or something like that. There is like fancy criss-cross or just very detailed patterns on this thing with the windows.

MantraTarot

it's in something that is dark blue... midnight blue almost... there's a crescent shape to it... maybe the object it's in is next to a coat hanger/pole of sorts. anyway, the stuff you're looking for is in that. (at least hopefully, of course. i do not claim to be an expert. :D )

Padma

as soon as i read the title description i saw it in a drawer. It's neatly put away

I feel like it's in a large piece of furniture, not only with drawers, but decorative/display windows. Maybe a china hutch or something like that. There is like fancy criss-cross or just very detailed patterns on this thing with the windows.

it's in something that is dark blue... midnight blue almost... there's a crescent shape to it... maybe the object it's in is next to a coat hanger/pole of sorts. anyway, the stuff you're looking for is in that. (at least hopefully, of course. i do not claim to be an expert. :D )

Gosh! Thanks so much for the answers - Interesting thing - you have ALL zoned in to our dining room area, where we had the conversation.

Roy, the drawer thing sound perfectly possible - but we have loads of drawers - we will go through them all tomorrow.

Amanda, what you saw was my great-grandmother's china cabinet. :) and also my grandfather's "secretary" desk. Awesome description! Sadly, it is not in either - we looked...

Mantratarot, you saw our coat hooks etc just around the corner of our dining room - and there are drawers below it, but all it contains is mitts and hats :(

Maybe - although you all "saw" my dining room area where the convo took place - I need to redirect you to the office or the library...? I hope you can see those too! I REALLY appreciate the help, all...please keep trying with me! :heart:

Amanda

Second attempt...

I'm getting stuff I don't understand.
I'm feeling myself (as you?) walking around barefoot in the dark... the moon coming through a window, it's really bright.

I can't tell which side of you the moon is coming from, it's coming across as two separate snippets. Maybe consider which side of your house the moon shines in on... and maybe also consider what you pass on your way to the bedroom? Because when I think of the moon, I think of nighttime/sleep. But I get the feeling of walking around barefoot on a hardwood floor in the dark.

I asked for more, and a multi-colored sock/stocking came to mind -- it felt connected to a snowman or Christmas, but I'm not sure... it just seemed decorative maybe? Almost like it was just 'hanging there'. So I asked what else was near this sock/stocking thing and I saw what appeared to be the end of a cane. But I'm not actually sure what it is... maybe a post of some kind? It seemed like a dark wood that curved around at the end in a decorative way.

Ealier on in my first attempt, I was feeling a lot of yellow-ish warmth and light... lots of light shining across a ceiling.

I don't know.. :/ does any of this ring a bell?

samantha

Scrolling up I see that Amanda has already mentioned China, but that was the first thing which came to mind too. Inside some vase or bowl (former plant pot ? Or something you have 7 of ? At least 3 generations old) in the drawing room, or failing that a tea caddy .......

I had a similar conversation with my husband a couple of months, he mis placed the car registration document (for the second year running) and had to go cap in hand to the police to receive a new one (second year running ...) Hope you are luckier ! :)

Padma

Second attempt...

I'm getting stuff I don't understand.
I'm feeling myself (as you?) walking around barefoot in the dark... the moon coming through a window, it's really bright.

I can't tell which side of you the moon is coming from, it's coming across as two separate snippets. Maybe consider which side of your house the moon shines in on... and maybe also consider what you pass on your way to the bedroom? Because when I think of the moon, I think of nighttime/sleep. But I get the feeling of walking around barefoot on a hardwood floor in the dark.

Interesting, Amanda - you are so astute. And talented at seeing :) The moon shines in my two back windows - the dining room, and the living room. Hence two snippets, perhaps? And also the bedroom, which is above the living room....and I do have hardwood floors...not sure about the night and bare feet, I will have to think on that.

I asked for more, and a multi-colored sock/stocking came to mind -- it felt connected to a snowman or Christmas, but I'm not sure... it just seemed decorative maybe? Almost like it was just 'hanging there'. So I asked what else was near this sock/stocking thing and I saw what appeared to be the end of a cane. But I'm not actually sure what it is... maybe a post of some kind? It seemed like a dark wood that curved around at the end in a decorative way.

I will have to go searching in the office, then - I think the sock you are referring to is a scarf from a college hubs went to. it's hanging in the office and near a tall floor lamp - and that is beside a cabinet with glass and a "cross" shape in it - my hub's sword case...this is making perfect sense to me...

on in my first attempt, I was feeling a lot of yellow-ish warmth and light... lots of light shining across a ceiling.

I don't know.. :/ does any of this ring a bell?

My walls are painted yellow, and my lighting is yellow. That would be in the dining room. Interestingly, the college scarf in the office is yellow, too. Ok, have to look in the office, got it! Will report tomorrow...thank you for your "eyes", Amanda! :)

Padma

Scrolling up I see that Amanda has already mentioned China, but that was the first thing which came to mind too. Inside some vase or bowl (former plant pot ? Or something you have 7 of ? At least 3 generations old) in the drawing room, or failing that a tea caddy .......

I have 7 plates from my great-grandmother (so three generations back, yes!) in her china cabinet, but sadly, it is not in there...and I think the tea caddy thing you are seeing is a small Victorian bar behind my husband's chair...but it is not in there either...it is beside a small antique desk from my grandmother, and that has a drawer in it - but we have taken out the drawer to look in it at least 4 times... :( awesome seeing, though! :)

I had a similar conversation with my husband a couple of months, he mis placed the car registration document (for the second year running) and had to go cap in hand to the police to receive a new one (second year running ...) Hope you are luckier ! :)

Lol! I think I will find it with the help of all of you here :) But yes, I can see the other outcome too. So, when did you marry my husband, Samantha? LOL!!!

Emily

Could it have been placed next to books on a shelf? Either under or pushed to the side of books.