Lost cards

Osher

I have a few decks where I've lost cards, or, to put it another way, they have jumped ship! Does anyone ever analyse which cards fled, and why?

In my Mini Secret Tarot (well used, and it's been around the world with me) I'm missing the Knave Chalices (cups), and the 6 Swords. Funny, it made it abroad with me, but, when I came back to England, it was missing a card (and since then another has left).

minrice

Hmmm, that's weird Osher! can't say I have had that happen to me, if it did I would be more likely to be upset than ask myself why ;) I do analyze the cards that mysteriously shoot out of the deck upon shuffling!

Luinbariel

I have one card that always ends up last on the floor or hiding beneath something where it shouldn't even be able to get. For me, it's usually the Moon, though I'm not really sure why. I've come to sort of associate it with myself, and I'm fond of that card, so I don't mind.

balenciaga

recount

My thoth deck loves to spill all over the place and hide under the desk in the most unreachable of places. i have a devil of a time trying to capture them. And this deck says it loves me all the time:confused::rolleyes:
I then have to recount to 78 to make sure they have been successfully retrieved.
I do that periodically - count my cards to 78- to make sure none have run away:)

Hannafate

Thoth decks can be playful, and they will never let you become complacent.

I have never had a card go missing... at least, I don't think so... now I want to go and count all my decks.

canid

Gotta admit, each & every time I 'lost' a card, I later (sometimes months later) discovered they were stuck together. I even went thru my grocery store's lost & found box, twice, looking for my Hanson-Roberts Wheel of Fortune, which was hiding from me all along, behind The High Priestess. Now, what do you suppose that could mean? Hmm, interesting possibilities...

canid

OH God, I have to make another post because my previous one was 666!

nisaba

canid said:
OH God, I have to make another post because my previous one was 666!
Why? ?

Babychloe

That happened to me about a month ago. I was doing a reading at a neighbor's house and the 7 of cups flew under a piece of furniture when I lost control of the deck while shuffling. I know I saw it go under, but we could not find it for anything. I'm really bummed. It was a 1990 Universal Waite deck and the newer version of this deck has flimsier card stock that I just don't like.

Hannafate

nisaba said:

Some people are superstitious about that number, even though they know it only has a sinister meaning in a Biblical context.