Lost soundbar remote control

Emily

I wondered if any wanted to have a go at helping me find a lost remote. (Please)

This remote is for a soundbar attached to the TV. The remote itself is only around 4 inches long, very thin black and shiny plastic. It has got to be in the living room because I was using it only about 10 minutes before it went walkabout. I asked hubby if he had moved it, he hadn't. I've turned the living room over, moved chairs and furniture, looked in drawers - I really was expecting to find it but two days later and still nothing. I have now run out of places to look. It just seems to have vanished into thin air.

I also ended up checking around the rest of the house, bedrooms, fridge, house bins, just in case I had a brain-fart and left it somewhere else but still nothing. I was hoping that it would just turn up because that happens in this house too but it hasn't come back yet.

bluelagune

Any four legged animals in the house?

If it's living room, usually in the couch or pile of linens or covers that been moved. I once left it in a fridge but that was due to talking on the phone.

Emily

Any four legged animals in the house?

If it's living room, usually in the couch or pile of linens or covers that been moved. I once left it in a fridge but that was due to talking on the phone.

Thanks bluelagune, we have a dog but he wouldn't have messed with it, I had all the cushions off the chairs and settee, I thought that I had put it on top of my mobile phone on a small table we have, the phone was there put not the remote. I pulled the table out, checked under and behind it, had the chairs and settee out, still nothing. I'm sure it didn't make it out of the living room but it seems to have gone. :(

bluelagune

Thanks bluelagune, we have a dog but he wouldn't have messed with it, I had all the cushions off the chairs and settee, I thought that I had put it on top of my mobile phone on a small table we have, the phone was there put not the remote. I pulled the table out, checked under and behind it, had the chairs and settee out, still nothing. I'm sure it didn't make it out of the living room but it seems to have gone. :(

With dog. Check the back yard.

Emily

With dog. Check the back yard.

No luck - just searched his bed, dog toys and outside - I have also just tried asking for it back, like you mentioned in the lost book thread.

danieljuk

I always just go with my first intuition with these things and for this one, my brain is trying to rhyme things with "sound bar" and listing them, it's somewhere which is a word similar to sound bar! do you have a bar area? iron bar? car? jar? It might make me look totally crazy but this is my suggestion as it's too random to just appear in my mind when thinking about this.

Good luck finding it Emily!

Barleywine

This is the remote control, not the soundbar itself, right? Since it's so thin, might it have been slid between the pages of a magazine or program guide, which would then have been put away (shelf, magazine rack, drawer, etc.)? The thing that grabs me is its small, thin "footprint" and how that might be masked or camouflaged by something larger.

bluelagune

No luck - just searched his bed, dog toys and outside - I have also just tried asking for it back, like you mentioned in the lost book thread.

If you said that out loud, YOU HAVE TO STOP LOOKING Go on to your other business.

earthair

Do we live close?! We could swap homes and searches :joke:

Emily

Thanks for all of your suggestions - I've looked through magazines and books because I thought too that it might have been caught in between papers, I don't remember moving any papers but I've gone through the recycling just to make sure. I did also check in the kitchen cupboards, there are jars in there, I really do think that it has gone. The soundbar is such a hassle to use without the remote.

I keep going back to the settee and one particular chair and I'm wondering now if it might have slipped inside one of these which means that unless I start taking the bottom linings off the settee and chair, the remote has gone. Usually things don't stay lost for this long.

I'll give it to the weekend and then I'm going to see about getting a replacement - and then after I get the replacement it will turn up.

I hope you have better luck in finding your book, earthair.