LS Bosch Tarot: What is your favorite card and why???

lunakasha

Centaur said:
One of the traditional interpretations of the Eight of Pentacles relates it to work. And this little Boschian creature certainly appears to be working! LOL. It looks almost as though it has perhaps just finished work, and is carrying its weekly wage home to its family! Haha.

Yes....in keeping with the traditional RWS meaning, the Bosch LWB describes the 8 of Pentacles as:

Commitment. One's own desires may become a greater load to bear than any chain.

Interesting....so this card is representing how we hold ourselves back from what we really need? Is it about allowing our desires or impulses to interfere with our greater purpose???

Commitment....to ourselves....makes me think of selfishness or lack of empathy for others. If you tie it in with the "work" meaning, it could mean someone who is a "workaholic" (all work and no play....) or who is out for themselves and is not willing to work cooperatively with others.

Looking at the card....I see a very strange-looking creature, and he does seem committed to getting his load of coins up that hill.
The question for me becomes: What has he left behind??? How important is it for him to carry that load? Is he doing something noble, working to help his family, or is he motivated only by a selfish need to be recognized for his efforts???

His facial expression is hard for me to interpret....he looks almost fearful...looking back over his shoulder. Maybe he has stolen the coins, and his motivation now is to scurry away without being caught???

Does anyone have an opinion on the significance of the shell upon his back??? Very curious....

:) Luna

Centaur

lunakasha said:
Looking at the card....I see a very strange-looking creature, and he does seem committed to getting his load of coins up that hill. The question for me becomes: What has he left behind??? How important is it for him to carry that load? Is he doing something noble, working to help his family, or is he motivated only by a selfish need to be recognized for his efforts???

Interesting questions Luna! I was thinking last night that it almost looks as though he is in the process of stealing the pentacles... but then I guess that would probably be a more apt representation of the 7 of Swords. Haha.

lunakasha said:
His facial expression is hard for me to interpret....he looks almost fearful...looking back over his shoulder. Maybe he has stolen the coins, and his motivation now is to scurry away without being caught???

Oooo... yes... he does look fearful. I wonder if he is trying to evade another nightmarish Boschian creature? Oh, and I have just realised that you also thought that he looks as though he is trying to steal the coins. Hehe. As an afterthought, perhaps that is his job, and his commitment: to theft... perhaps he is a Boschian criminal! :)

lunakasha said:
Does anyone have an opinion on the significance of the shell upon his back??? Very curious....

I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on this too. Does the shell mean that this beast is a sea-creature... could he have stolen the items from a sea-creature?

lunakasha

Centaur said:
Oooo... yes... he does look fearful. I wonder if he is trying to evade another nightmarish Boschian creature?I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on this too. Does the shell mean that this beast is a sea-creature... could he have stolen the items from a sea-creature?

Could it have been THIS sea-creature???

Looks like one of those fish/reptile/mammal hybrids!!! :eek:

:D Luna

Attachments

• strength.jpg
    strength.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 80

lunakasha

OR.......

Perhaps he has stolen from this toothless, web-footed hag????

OOOOOH see how she grins at him???? })

I would be running too!!! :eek: YIKES!!!

:p Luna

Attachments

• 7pents.jpg
    7pents.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 79

lunakasha

Here is the 3 of Cups.....OUCH!!!! :eek:

(More on this card later)

:D Luna

Attachments

• 3cups.jpg
    3cups.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 79

lunakasha

And the fearful 8 of Pentacles.....

Attachments

• 8pents.jpg
    8pents.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 82

lunakasha

And FINALLY....going back a few posts (sorry)....

Here is the wood-munching, fish-faced 2 of Wands....

He is an odd little fellow....like a Boschian court jester!!! :p

Attachments

• 2wands.jpg
    2wands.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 75

Centaur

Thanks for scanning and posting those cards Luna. And yes... if the creature from the Strength card were coming after me, then I would run like crazy... heck, I would even drop the damn coins! })