Lucid Dreams

tmgrl2

I do believe that there are "sign" all around us of things that eventually do come to pass....and when they do, we may recall something, like a dream, e.g., and wonder if the dream "predicted" the event...

well, yes, of course, in a way...

My husband was a heart attack waiting to happen....high blood pressure since he was 20, diabetes since he was in his thirties....

So when the first Big One came...even though we had treated his health conditions all along...it was not surprising that a heart attack happened...

This is a more "obvious" kind of expectation...but

I find that

If I tune in more to the kinds of things we thing are minor or easily dismissable (is there such a word, LOL?)....we can see much more of what is to come about...

Dreams for me have been a wonderful source...

Empathic tendancies have been a great source...

So, often I am not surprised when certain things come to pass....I'm sure as one hones the skill of "looking" between the leaves or between the notes (as firemaiden discussed in a thread)

we will see different pictures and events emerging and different possibilities for the future.

Hello, TAROT!

Before I used Tarot, people at work, would often say to me..."You said 6 months ago that the principal was going to retire in June! How could you be so sure???"

This last is true...I know the principal well, for one thing. I was her assistant for two years. She didn't tell a soul that she was retiring until about a month ago.

When she told me, I simply said,

"Oh I knew that already in September...."

When she asked how I knew, I reflected...and it was easy to come up with at least four or five shifts in her behavior and words and manner...

Whereas...everyone else was shocked because it seemed the LEAST likely thing for her to do at this time...

Same with dreams...if we examine them regularly, they hold wonderful clues for us...

My husband always tells people, tongue-in-cheek,

"I could never have gotten away with an affair. Terri would have known!!"

Same goes for him, though. He is quite good with intuition, and with mediumship skills (which are not my forte, except for an occasional event).

terri

EricTheHermit

psychic sue said:
Eric - Fascinating dream about your insect-daughter! Maybe its symbolic of your growing spiritual gifts - you are nuturing them, other people may be afraid of them? Just a thought.

Wow, Sue - you hit the nail on the head! I think your interpretation of my dream is right on!

I was raised Catholic, but left the Church over 15 years ago. I had become disheartened. There were irreconcilable differences between my own spiritual and political beliefs and the Church's doctrines.

When I was 11, after I lost my best friend, I took solace in books and became an even more ravenous reader than I already was. I began reading about other religions. I also began reading about UFOs, alien abductions, psychic phenomena, the supernatural, and the occult. When I began reading about pagan faiths, something struck a chord in me at that young age. The idea of a nature-based religion whose main deity was a Goddess seemed beautiful to me.

I always felt a strong connection to nature. When I was a child in the 1970s and 80s, there were video games, but I would rather be outside. I loved the sun, the wind, the rain, the snow, the wild animals, (like the birds and the deer and rabbits that would come into my yard) even the insects. My best friend Leslie and I would spend hours in the forest behind our homes. We even built a treehouse and kept books and games there. I also spent a lot of time in the forest alone, before and after Leslie moved away. It was a special, magic place to me. I would think, if only Church could be like this.

I began reading more about paganism, specifically the Dianic tradition which is a part of Wicca. Even at 11 and 12 years old, believing in the Goddess seemed as natural to me as believing in the Christian God. I even built a makeshift altar in my room and used my mother's old canning jars to collect herbs that grew in the wild near my house. When my mother found out what I was up to, she wasn't too happy. She was a devout Catholic, and though she was into astrology and spirtualism and as liberal as my non-religious father, paganism was something she didn't want me involved in. She didn't care if I read about it, so long as I didn't practice it. She had me get more involved with Church, and I even became an altar boy. I enjoyed it, but I felt like something was missing, that I wasn't getting what I needed out of it. I left the Church around the time I was in college.

In college, when I wasn't studying for my computer programming degree, I read more about religion and philosophy, which is where I developed my own moral code. I also read more about paganism. I even read about Satanism, but the philosophy laid out by Anton LaVey in the Satanic Bible turned me right off. It's a very cold, selfish, and rather infantile philosophy in my opinion. Anyway, I kept coming back to paganism and Wicca. The more I read about it, the more I agreed with it and the deeper the connection I felt to it. I found I had unknowingly incorporated pagan ethics into my moral code, which came as no surprise considering my relationship with nature, staunch environmentalism, belief in karma, etc.

Now I'm 34 years old, and my spirtual beliefs have progressed and matured. They're still growing, and I still feel a deep connection to Wicca. I enjoy reading about it, and the Internet offers a vast wealth of information on Wicca and neopaganism in general. Maybe, as you said, that's what my insect-daughter dream was about - nurturing my pagan spirituality even though Wicca and other neopagan faiths are considered by the mainstream to be rather strange if not downright evil here in the States.

My mother left the Catholic Church in 1999, not long after my father's death. As a liberal, she couldn't reconcile her beliefs with Church doctrines - just like me. But, she still considers herself very much a Christian. She had no problem with my interest in tarot, but I don't think she'd be too happy with me becoming a Wiccan. Sometimes it feels like the Wiccan inside me is just dying to come out, other times I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with that part of me yet. And there's a bit of the old Catholic guilt - the only child not wanting to disappoint the mother. :)

You're really good with dream interpretation, Sue! I wish I could interpret my dreams as easily as I can read the cards. :)

- Eric

psychic sue

Tell you what Eric, you read my cards and I'll interpret your dreams!

Sounds like a perfect wiccan trade-off to me!

By the way, I read that Anton Le Vey book too and I felt exactly the same as you. I hated the book so much I chucked it out of my house, and I NEVER throw books away.

I'm quite similar to you in that I have kind of made my own belief system over the years. I could never find a religion which I totally agreed with (I'm an ex catholic too) so I just kind of invented my own.

Anyway, I wish you well on your spiritual journey,

regards,

Sue

EricTheHermit

Thanks, Sue - it's a deal! :)

Seriously, I'd be glad to read for you - just PM me with the question and I'll PM you back with the reading - unless, of course, you would prefer to have your question and the reading posted in the Reading Exchange section of the forum. Either way is fine with me. I hope you won't mind if I use my pagan Robin Wood deck. :D

- Eric

Free Flight

Hi Psychic Sue

Congrats. To lucid dream without any practice is an amazing skill to have :)
there is a technique which can help with this. Ask yourself constantly throughout your waking day. "Am I dreaming?" The answer of course is "No!"

You need to ask yourself this so often that it becomes an automatic thing you ask yourself all the time. Yes all the time seems ridiculous but as with all these things you have to work at it to get the benefits.

The theory behind this is that as soon as you find yourself lucid within a dream that the answer will now be "Yes!" As the dream progresses you keep asking yourself this (as is now automatic habit), and then each time you lose track of the line between dreaming and lucid dreaming this question will joly you back into to the lucid dream and it means you can thus prolong the experience. Takes a lot of practice though :D

Hope this makes sense

thanks
Free Flight

psychic sue

EricTheHermit said:
Thanks, Sue - it's a deal! :)

Seriously, I'd be glad to read for you - just PM me with the question and I'll PM you back with the reading - unless, of course, you would prefer to have your question and the reading posted in the Reading Exchange section of the forum. Either way is fine with me. I hope you won't mind if I use my pagan Robin Wood deck. :D

- Eric

Thanks Eric. I'll pm you.

psychic sue

Free Flight said:
Hi Psychic Sue

Congrats. To lucid dream without any practice is an amazing skill to have :)
there is a technique which can help with this. Ask yourself constantly throughout your waking day. "Am I dreaming?" The answer of course is "No!"

You need to ask yourself this so often that it becomes an automatic thing you ask yourself all the time. Yes all the time seems ridiculous but as with all these things you have to work at it to get the benefits.

The theory behind this is that as soon as you find yourself lucid within a dream that the answer will now be "Yes!" As the dream progresses you keep asking yourself this (as is now automatic habit), and then each time you lose track of the line between dreaming and lucid dreaming this question will joly you back into to the lucid dream and it means you can thus prolong the experience. Takes a lot of practice though :D

Hope this makes sense

thanks
Free Flight

Thanks for that FF I will definitely try to do that. Its a fantastic feeling to know you can do whatever you want and manipulate your environment. And a good tool for working through any issues you may have. I will definitely take your advice and try to perfect this experience.

Sue