Magician as Advice in Decision Making

Balisle

I'm at one of the major crosspoint in life - deciding between 2/3 paths that I could take. So I did a one card spread and asked, "Which of the paths that will the most likely bring me happiness down along the road?"

Each of the decisions have very different energy, and that's how I decided to interpret the result. For example if a card that has an overall bad/down energy, I would think of decision B which is hard/difficult decision.

But then the card that came out was Magician - I interpreted it as, "Which ever the paths that you should take, you have the power to bring happiness unto yourself."

I'm not so sure tho - especially it's like he's saying that it doesn't matter which decisions that I'm gonna take, I'm gonna be happy anyway.

Any other opinions about this?

Tobe

Nah you're over complicating things.

This card is literally saying stick with the one you're most skillful at.

Dew

I'm at one of the major crosspoint in life - deciding between 2/3 paths that I could take. So I did a one card spread and asked, "Which of the paths that will the most likely bring me happiness down along the road?"

Each of the decisions have very different energy, and that's how I decided to interpret the result. For example if a card that has an overall bad/down energy, I would think of decision B which is hard/difficult decision.

But then the card that came out was Magician - I interpreted it as, "Which ever the paths that you should take, you have the power to bring happiness unto yourself."

I'm not so sure tho - especially it's like he's saying that it doesn't matter which decisions that I'm gonna take, I'm gonna be happy anyway.

Any other opinions about this?

Could it be magician is saying manipulating or massaging so you get to do all three?

Balisle

Nah you're over complicating things.

This card is literally saying stick with the one you're most skillful at.

But the one that I'm most skillful at is what I'm doing right now. And I just find out that the people around me thinks it's reckless, crazy and just plain forcing things through.

Which is why I did this reading in the first place lol

Could it be magician is saying manipulating or massaging so you get to do all three?

It's kinda actually possible to do all 3 at the same time.. but not for long I guess?

Tobe

Magician is a card of "mastering your skill"

When you ask which path to take, and chose to use one card spread. This card was already been decided to be shown on your table.

It didn't specify which area, which industry, which direction you should take. It simply just say, "master your skill". It could also be viewed as a guidance and advice for you to remain in your current position since there also no movement in this card, just him standing behind the table with his tools.

Balisle

Magician is a card of "mastering your skill"

When you ask which path to take, and chose to use one card spread. This card was already been decided to be shown on your table.

It didn't specify which area, which industry, which direction you should take. It simply just say, "master your skill". It could also be viewed as a guidance and advice for you to remain in your current position since there also no movement in this card, just him standing behind the table with his tools.

I see, that actually makes sense. The no movement part actually resounded with me.

But I guess I'm still not sure, I'm gonna ponder for a while.
Deep down tho, I still want to do what I'm doing but the outcome's uncertainties and what my friends said is plaguing me.

Charlie Brown

I think you've gotten good advice about the magician, but I think that even better advice is to do a bigger spread.

Balisle

I think you've gotten good advice about the magician, but I think that even better advice is to do a bigger spread.

I see, that could clarify the meaning more! What kind of spread do you suggest me to do?

Tobe

I see, that could clarify the meaning more! What kind of spread do you suggest me to do?

Three Card Spread

Circle of the Year Spread

or

Staff Spread

Barleywine

I agree that a single-card pull shows more a state of being than any kind of forward motion. There are a number of multi-path decision-making spreads over in the Tarot Spreads sub-forum; Rodney has a good one that he often brings up, and I have a few more complex ones in my spread index.