Marseille 3-card combinations

catboxer

My take on the OP posted by Bernice:

The Knight -- watch out for this guy (and it is a guy), because he's known to be untrustworthy. However, he's bold and energetic, and capable of giving sound advice. Known in some quarters as "El ladron," you have to keep an eye on his free hand.

The six -- your interpretation is taken even farther in the playing card deck, where the six clubs is sometimes called "the John the Baptist card." The kind of advice you're getting from the Knight will help in this case as long as it's not self-interested, and in fact could show you "the way."

The eight -- I have a whole different interpretation of this one than you do. It seems that the positive work and health habits you've pursued over the years have put you in a position to cash in on this person's advice, which of course will entail a lot of hard work.

That's about it.

Bernice

Hi catboxer :)

Really pleased you've joined in, but we can't do actual readings here in History, they must be posted in the 'Your Readings' forum. We can only do interpretations which relate to a Life Area or something quite objective, in order to experiment with Marseille decks.

The Subject/ Life Area given for the current three cards, Chariot + Queen of Epees + Ace of Deniers is:

"A type of business, shop or firm"

Please post again if you'd like another go :) or, alternatively post three more cards. This first post explains the format for posting them;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2570082&postcount=1

Bee :)

P.S. Delighted you're familiar with a cartomancy/playing card approach. All methods of interpretation are welcome.

Teheuti

I didn't understand that 'a shop or a firm' was the question—but rather that it was just a broadening of the subject area? My answer was definitely a shop (or bunch of shops).

Here's a definition I found for firm:
"A partnership or association for carrying on a business. This is typically used to describe a group of lawyers in business together: The law firm of Branston and Jones."

I really don't see how such a determination could be made by the Tarot, although psychically someone might pick it up.

The Queen of Swords could represent a lawyer - so it would be possible that this is a law firm that primarily does personal injury law (Chariot either represents car accidents or a go-getter lawyer) and is good at getting lots of money (Ace of Coins).

It could be an ad for their firm: The Queen says: "Our lawyers are ready to fight for you and get you the best financial settlement possible!"

kwaw

Bernice said:
The Subject/ Life Area given for the current three cards, Chariot + Queen of Epees + Ace of Deniers is:

"A type of business, shop or firm"

The Ace of Coins is the top of a head (or a mirror), and the Queen of Swords in a Chariot, a mobile hairdresser.

Or going from head to foot, the Ace could be a corn-plaster, so a mobile chiropodist...

Or it could be the wheel of the chariot, and she a roving mechanic... or some type of firm dealing with call out service repairs - being a Queen, the RAC comes to mind :D

A chariot and a coin, and a woman in an unpopular (negative reading of swords) career = meter maid, or instead of a coin a tax disc, a vehicle tax collector...

Teheuti

Kwaw - really like those possibilities!

Bernice

Teheuti: I didn't understand that 'a shop or a firm' was the question—but rather that it was just a broadening of the subject area? My answer was definitely a shop (or bunch of shops).
Yes, you were right Teheuti. The words "shop or a firm" were a broadening of the Subject, which is/was a "Business". I didn't want the Subject to be so over-specific that there was no room for lots of possibilities.

kwaw:...a mobile hairdresser.

.. a mobile chiropodist...

...or some type of firm dealing with call out service repairs - being a Queen, the RAC comes to mind

...(negative reading of swords) career = meter maid, or instead of a coin a tax disc, a vehicle tax collector...:D
Yes, I can see these too! OMG, it just shows what a commercial world we live in :grin:

Love all these different takes - stretches the mind/imagination.

Melanchollic

I still can't get past the image of a big yellow PIE!! (Maybe I did my Lent fasting a little too rigorously. ;) )

Fame and notoriety as a pastry chef?
ALL HAIL, THE QUEEN OF PIES! :laugh:

Bernice

Ah! The Ace of coins :laugh:

Maybe a travelling pastry Chef....... a litte one-man business selling pastries like an ice-cream man from an ice-cream van :)

Rasa

Melanchollic said:
I'm not sure if a 'combination' style approach would be one I'd use in a 'choice' scenario, as you have no way to determine the specifics of this vs. that, and no one has yet to address the actual inquire - shop or firm.

Mel, perhaps we could see it as an either/or reading by seeing the cards on either side of the Queen as the two options, and interpretting where she casts her gaze. Her being from the suit of swords (air/mind, to me) might emphasize that she is in a decision making process.

To me, the Ace of coins shows something tangible, and perhaps creative. Production or construction of a literal product of some sort.
She faces away from this (the 'shop' option), and turns instead towards the Chariot card.
Here there is movement; it seems less solid and tangible to me. We also see figures in the card, so maybe there's more focus on clients than products.
I like the idea of a travel business, or perhaps something about momentum and goals, like career-coaching. Or maybe a driving instructor?

Flaxen

I'm feeling a strong urge to use my TDM decks more frequently. I'd like to resurrect this thread if other people still want to contribute...