Mastering/overcoming complicated decks/systems or giving up???

Cerulean

I pulled out the decks that I mentioned above...

and thought it might be fun to pull cards from them. I could read the cards, but didn't feel attuned to them...didn't feel the reading worked for me.

So I put them away and then happened on one of my favorite Fournier decks. Now the odd thing about the Fournier decks are their LWB sometimes is generic, sometimes specific to the deck...but each of their decks seem to be a quirky art deck world unto themselves--even the historic ones.

Despite some of the flaws in the LWB, the art and quirkyness and it's open-air feeling was fine for this almost summer evening:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/basque2.jpg

The little white book had enough to remind me of some spreads that I hadn't worked with for awhile...and unlike the gorgeous and quite easy to use Mystical Faerie deck (Llewellyn), this deck isn't a just pretty fairy tale. It teases and tickles my funnybone...

Thanks for your questions...I like unearthing slightly forgotton treasures!

Cerulean

Debra

Cerulean said:
Is there a deck you want to work with now, but think you'll never be able to crack?

The Isha Learner Tarot of the Four Elements --- it takes a different sweep.

Cerulean

Cerulean, this one's easier if you "play" rather than "work" it. I just visualize swimming naked in a sea of colored paints--it's simple and elemental, what you see is what you get....at least the way it works for me.

rebecca-smiles

Thankyou for another brilliant thread LB!

Kenny said:
My current thinking is the Thoth will be a hard deck to study, but it is a deck I want to learn so I'll try studying it. :)

I'm trying this one now, and i have to say all that symbolism has given me mixed feelings...but i think i've found a way to approach it that suits me. (over on the 'got enough symbols?' thread; read Scions post, and fudugazi's too).

I think what i'm gonna do it take a primarily intuitive approach; meditate, create read with it...and then in perhaps a years time get down to more bookish study. this way i can get familiar with the deck and develop a relationship first hand rather than via the daddy Crowley, or other authors. Its too big to take on crowley's intellectual gubbins from the outset!

Kenny where are you at with it, and how do you intend to proceed?