Medicine Card Reading Assistance.

MsIsis

Ok, I think I have this, but I am EXTREMELY close to this situation, and laid the cards because I'm upset.

I just got word my grandfather is about to pass - so I laid cards to see what strengths I need to rely upon - this will be the third family death, fourth death total, since January 31. Needless to say, this one is beginning to take it's toll.

I used the Medicine wheel layout:

East - Alligator
South - Bat
West - Buffalo
North - The House cat (one I added myself)
Sacred Mountain - the Dolphin.

Now, interestingly THREE of these cards are also in my 7 card totem spread - the Buffalo, the Bat and the Dolphin. Not necessarily in that order. I guess mostly I don't understand the alligator or the house cat in this spread. I'm pretty sure I have a major grip on the other three.

HOLMES

hi

i just got the medicine cards revised edition and i had them previously before (which was the one that wasn't expanded and revised :O)

i am sure i could help but for one .

the house cat, you must of used one of the blank shields so in order to see how the house cat is involved, what meaning did you give to the house cat ?

MsIsis

Re: hi

HOLMES said:
i just got the medicine cards revised edition and i had them previously before (which was the one that wasn't expanded and revised :O)

i am sure i could help but for one .

the house cat, you must of used one of the blank shields so in order to see how the house cat is involved, what meaning did you give to the house cat ?

The House cat - indpendant, but not so independant that someone can't love - independant to the point of working on things alone, hunting alone, but socializing at times.

It basicially usually works well with the information from Animal Spirit Guides website at http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4076/index34.html

Domestic Cat's Wisdom Includes:

Independence
Seeing the unseen
Protection
Love
Allows us to dream its dreams
Assists in meditation
Ability to fight when cornered

HOLMES

I used the Medicine wheel layout:

East - Alligator
South - Bat
West - Buffalo
North - The House cat (one I added myself)
Sacred Mountain - the Dolphin.

east
your spiritual strength lies here with going with the flow, to not try to direct the flow of the universe but to go with the tide and accept what it is to come.
also notice the last paragragh says something may of escape your notice, which stems from not stopping to count your victories and recount your lessons.
and finally in this time , let go of your judgements and critical thinking and intergrate everything first. you must see the whole picture before acting.

south
what your innerchild needs to learn is about ritualistic death, the spirit never dies but as it transfroms it let go of all things that held it to the old life. a butterfly will never again be a catpiller for example.
an old man will never again be young, oh but how they can remember. (i wonder does a butterfly remember as well?)
the shaman death that is talked about in the pages of the bat speak of the letting totally of the old self and so that is what you must do.
*you must do this in order to nurture yourself*(speaking of course as interpator and not as dictator eheh*

west
how to reach the desired end is by realizing what is your higher power, and how that how power affects you in every day life. the buffalo card speaks of prayer and abundance and how the buffalo was so key a factor for the native way of life. it was such a key that it became sacred.
it is that sacred feeling you are to look for , and what is sacred to you in all things in your life
*in the movie back to school the history teacher for example speaks of how he holds history to be sacred *

north
how to apply the lessons, the house cat.
one
you are the house cat of the universe, (relating the buffalo card and how pray and abundance has feed you and wil keep you well )
the house cat goes with the flow, as well for he is feed , take the sacred dump in the kitty litter so the owner (creator) can throw it out .
the house cat has a ritualistic death as well as they grow older they can no longer chase mice, no longer jump up high yet they adapt.
two
you as the owner of the cat (symbolicaly)
can harness it ability as familair (using black cat as familair symbol)
have a ritualistic death when that cat dies and a new one is achieved as a pet. (or you may never recover from the first pet death and not get a new animal)
the cat represents a spirit guide as well being there to comfort you.
the cat is only as loved as much as the master is willing to love it. and some cats dont' want to be loved.
1. love the cat aspects in your life well
2. accept the cat food, and the provision of kitty litter and to be held by the universe.

sacred mountain.
presently as the dolphin focuses so much on breath,
you are to use your breath in the matter of emotioanl breathwork to let go of your emotions.
they say that if we hold our emotions in they build and build til we as a dam can't take it no more.
but if we breath it out when they come ,
we will be like the river ever flowing with the flow and letting the good emotions go and the bad.

yes the good emotions.
for when we try to keep the good emotions and hide the bad emotions we become addicted and start chasing the dragon but the dragon will never be experienced in the same way.

falconwing

revised version

Hi,
may I ask where is the difference between the "old" version of the Medicine Cards and the revised one to be found? Is it worth purchasing the new one, if you've got the old already?

Falconwing