Mediumship

spinnachie

I was just wondering how one would go about developing mediumship abilities...I have always been interested in this. I have had situations where spirits have tried to communicate something to me however, I completely blocked it off...I wasn't ready to deal with it at the time. I feel I am ready now, but may have blocked it so well that I can't get it back it seems lol
Would simple meditations do the trick? or does it go deeper then that for someone in my situation? would I have to start from scratch so to speak?

DownUnderNZer

Try doing flower readings or color ones...that can help in the development of Mediumship.

For me when I tried it I was only given nick names and voices in real time...online.

Lucky I was able to tune into either, but not all of them - just what stood out for me although twice I was given two to read - no choice. :)

Lila

Hi spinnachie

I believe that many Spiritualist churches have mediumship development circles that any interested person can join in on. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you'd be expected to attend their regular services too (where there's usually a medium giving messages). There may be one in your area?

I don't know too much about Spiritualism but I think they are usually Christian oriented, which may or may not be inline with your beliefs, and they offer spiritual healing as well. Maybe someone else here knows a bit more?

I've also found that Reiki attunements (1+2) are a great way to open up your intuition.

Lila

spinnachie

Try doing flower readings or color ones...that can help in the development of Mediumship.

For me when I tried it I was only given nick names and voices in real time...online.

Lucky I was able to tune into either, but not all of them - just what stood out for me although twice I was given two to read - no choice. :)

Hey DownUnderNZer
Thanks for getting back to me!
What do you mean by flower and colour readings?? I never heard of it how does it work lol

Hi spinnachie

I believe that many Spiritualist churches have mediumship development circles that any interested person can join in on. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you'd be expected to attend their regular services too (where there's usually a medium giving messages). There may be one in your area?

I don't know too much about Spiritualism but I think they are usually Christian oriented, which may or may not be inline with your beliefs, and they offer spiritual healing as well. Maybe someone else here knows a bit more?

I've also found that Reiki attunements (1+2) are a great way to open up your intuition.

Lila

Hi Lila, Thanks for the info, I don't really have a religion that I follow, I sort of march to the beat of my drum on that. But if I can find one in my area I would definitely be willing to check it out.
I am Reiki Level 1 at the moment...I have been since 2011...but sadly I forgot all I learned because I never practiced it after.

DownUnderNZer

See if there is a spiritual church around...they are your best source I"d say. :)

Hey DownUnderNZer
Thanks for getting back to me!
What do you mean by flower and colour readings?? I never heard of it how does it work lol

Hi Lila, Thanks for the info, I don't really have a religion that I follow, I sort of march to the beat of my drum on that. But if I can find one in my area I would definitely be willing to check it out.
I am Reiki Level 1 at the moment...I have been since 2011...but sadly I forgot all I learned because I never practiced it after.

spinnachie

im doing that right now!!! lol

lark

Tell the universal energy you are willing to be of service to help those that need it.
But remember some ghosts are jerks so understanding how to protect yourself is very important.

EmpressArwen

It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, that Spiritualist do not consider themselves to be Christians. There tons of gatherings of Spiritualists all around the country (US) and even really large ones...like Lily Dale (which I am dying to go to!!)

As far as developing your own mediumship abilities, and I'm just beginning this sort of thing so take my advice with a grain of salt...protection is an absolute MUST. You wouldn't put a sign outside your house saying "Come on in and wander around" and open up your front door to whomever chooses to come in. Learn protection before proceeding further because trust me, it sucks when unwanted, unkind spirits run amok in your life.

After that, begin to meditate. Ask your guides to assist you in getting messages...be very specific as to who you will take messages from in the beginning (like only your former earthly family, or only those with the highest vibrations, etc). As you get more versed in all of this, you could branch out but in the early stages, take baby steps.

For me, meditation is what works the best...just being open to seeing, hearing, feeling...but while protected! Sorry to harp on that like the mom that I am but I've been through some things in this area that I wouldn't wish on anyone...a lot of people don't seem to have these issues but just in case, be safe. :)

celticnoodle

I was just wondering how one would go about developing mediumship abilities...I have always been interested in this. I have had situations where spirits have tried to communicate something to me however, I completely blocked it off...I wasn't ready to deal with it at the time. I feel I am ready now, but may have blocked it so well that I can't get it back it seems lol
Would simple meditations do the trick? or does it go deeper then that for someone in my situation? would I have to start from scratch so to speak?

Meditation is a big help, IMHO. But, there is more to it then just that. I think the posts below are a great start at explaining it too--

Tell the universal energy you are willing to be of service to help those that need it.
But remember some ghosts are jerks so understanding how to protect yourself is very important.
I think being willing to help others who need your help can also be a great benefit to getting things going, too.

however, as Lark so eloquently put it, some ghosts are jerks, so before you even begin, I think it is important to learn how to ground and protect yourself. To get some ideas in this--you can search those words here on AT and find a lot of ways explained by those of us who do this. You can also google it--and find many ways as well. But be sure to do this--(at least IMHO), because you are going to be opening yourself up to something that can be dangerous to you.

And, as EmpressArwen also said--

As far as developing your own mediumship abilities, and I'm just beginning this sort of thing so take my advice with a grain of salt...protection is an absolute MUST. You wouldn't put a sign outside your house saying "Come on in and wander around" and open up your front door to whomever chooses to come in. Learn protection before proceeding further because trust me, it sucks when unwanted, unkind spirits run amok in your life.

also that meditation is a great way to go. Also, asking your guides to help you too--and try to 'meet' your guides in meditation. Don't try to hurry it, as it may not happen in a weeks time. Everyone is different. You may find you are open immediately--or it may take you a year or two.

Also, I would join in on some of the exercises posted here and elsewhere if you belong to other sites. They can't hurt you--as long as you still protect and ground yourself. There are a few books that can also help you. Two that I found to be truly wonderful are both by Debra Lynne Katz and are titled:

1. You are Psychic
&
2. Extraordinary Psychic

One thing that I would start with is to try and communicate to the deceased members of your family--that you knew in life. Perhaps your grandmother or grandfather? Or perhaps a beloved aunt or uncle. You can just begin to talk to them as if they were still alive. First just start talking to them by saying Hello, good morning, good evening. Tell them you miss them, love them, etc. Share your day with them, just as you would've done if they were still alive and you were visiting them in their home.

Then, after you get to the point, where you can 'feel' them around you, or you can smell their perfume, or perhaps the cigarettes they always smoked in life, or whatever, acknowledge them and thank them for coming.

After awhile of doing this, ask them for some help in some way--and ask them to come to you. At first, it may be they come only in your dreams or when you are just about asleep or awake. After you realize they did come to you--thank them for it. It can help and they will begin to come to you more and more.

Then, perhaps meditate asking your guides and their guides to help them come to you while in a meditation.

Always, always, always thank them for coming to you, whether you are. But, I'd definitely start with the deceased family and or well known friends first--as they do stay close by you in the spirit realm as they are still concerned about you and want to help you. Plus, since you know them, you can feel safer with them. however, this doesn't mean you still shouldn't ground and protect even with them.

spinnachie

You know, it's so simple, but makes so much sense. I had an experience with something similar to what you said last week. I had been frustrated because I know that my guide has been trying to communicate something to me, but I don't know how to hear it. So I said out loud "I now you're trying to tell me something, but I don't know how to hear/understand you, please try again but I need you to do it in a way that I will have no doubt in my mind that it is coming from you"....that night I had a very inspiring dream that has opened my eyes.
I do know a little bit about protection, like imagining a white light surrounding you and such, but I will have to look into that a bit more because I definitely don't want any trouble coming my way lol

It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, that Spiritualist do not consider themselves to be Christians. There tons of gatherings of Spiritualists all around the country (US) and even really large ones...like Lily Dale (which I am dying to go to!!)

After that, begin to meditate. Ask your guides to assist you in getting messages...be very specific as to who you will take messages from in the beginning (like only your former earthly family, or only those with the highest vibrations, etc). As you get more versed in all of this, you could branch out but in the early stages, take baby steps.

For me, meditation is what works the best...just being open to seeing, hearing, feeling...but while protected! Sorry to harp on that like the mom that I am but I've been through some things in this area that I wouldn't wish on anyone...a lot of people don't seem to have these issues but just in case, be safe. :)

I definitely need to meditate more, I know this. It's hard finding the time to do it though! I need to find a way to make it a part of my daily routine.
I definitely plan on keeping myself protected, I have had things happen when I was much younger, I think I used to be very open, and then when scarey things started happening, which is why I closed myself off completely. So I will be looking into different methods of protection for sure!

Also, I would join in on some of the exercises posted here and elsewhere if you belong to other sites. They can't hurt you--as long as you still protect and ground yourself. There are a few books that can also help you. Two that I found to be truly wonderful are both by Debra Lynne Katz and are titled:

1. You are Psychic
&
2. Extraordinary Psychic

One thing that I would start with is to try and communicate to the deceased members of your family--that you knew in life. Perhaps your grandmother or grandfather? Or perhaps a beloved aunt or uncle. You can just begin to talk to them as if they were still alive. First just start talking to them by saying Hello, good morning, good evening. Tell them you miss them, love them, etc. Share your day with them, just as you would've done if they were still alive and you were visiting them in their home.

Then, after you get to the point, where you can 'feel' them around you, or you can smell their perfume, or perhaps the cigarettes they always smoked in life, or whatever, acknowledge them and thank them for coming.

After awhile of doing this, ask them for some help in some way--and ask them to come to you. At first, it may be they come only in your dreams or when you are just about asleep or awake. After you realize they did come to you--thank them for it. It can help and they will begin to come to you more and more.

Then, perhaps meditate asking your guides and their guides to help them come to you while in a meditation.

Always, always, always thank them for coming to you, whether you are. But, I'd definitely start with the deceased family and or well known friends first--as they do stay close by you in the spirit realm as they are still concerned about you and want to help you. Plus, since you know them, you can feel safer with them. however, this doesn't mean you still shouldn't ground and protect even with them.

I actually have "you are psychic" I bought it a while back because you so highly recommended it! lol
I will definitely checkout extraordinary psychic too

As for communicating with deceased relatives...Do you have to call upon them? or do you just talk with the intention of the message getting to them?