Meeting online friend, part 2 - SCARY!

JennyM

You thought the last reading was creepy? Wait till you see this one.

Deck: RWS

1 What I want from a meeting.
2 What I would get from a meeting.
3 What he wants from a meeting.
4 What he would get from a meeting.
5 General outcome of a meeting.

1*****2
3 **** 4
***5***

1. 2 coins - I don't think I'm sure what I want.
2. 8 cups, reversed - I think I'm going to be disappointed. My dream can't be followed. (yeah, because the guy is a NUT)
3. Moon - I have no idea. It doesn't sound good though.
4. Tower, reversed - Ok, this is about explosive change...but here it's blocked? It's not happening but it should? What does that mean?
5 Devil, reversed - Fighting with something dark..yuck.

I have two minors but his cards came up two majors again...and Devil reversed as the general outcome? The only decent thing here is that I look like I get disappointed...but that's it. But what about his cards? They seem very ODD. They make me think that this man has psychological problems....serious psychological problems. It's as if I would go there..and meet a complete lunatic. I think a meeting is NOT a good idea.

Knight of Wands

JennyM said:
You thought the last reading was creepy? Wait till you see this one.

Deck: RWS

1 What I want from a meeting.
2 What I would get from a meeting.
3 What he wants from a meeting.
4 What he would get from a meeting.
5 General outcome of a meeting.

1*****2
3 **** 4
***5***

1. 2 coins - I don't think I'm sure what I want.
2. 8 cups, reversed - I think I'm going to be disappointed. My dream can't be followed. (yeah, because the guy is a NUT)
3. Moon - I have no idea. It doesn't sound good though.
4. Tower, reversed - Ok, this is about explosive change...but here it's blocked? It's not happening but it should? What does that mean?
5 Devil, reversed - Fighting with something dark..yuck.

I have two minors but his cards came up two majors again...and Devil reversed as the general outcome? The only decent thing here is that I look like I get disappointed...but that's it. But what about his cards? They seem very ODD. They make me think that this man has psychological problems....serious psychological problems. It's as if I would go there..and meet a complete lunatic. I think a meeting is NOT a good idea.

Right, this may be me being a melodramtic reader so ignore me if you want lol.

8 of Cups reversed, when the upright, the man makes a concious decision to walk away, to leave. So I think this suggests that you may be trapped and cannot leave, or forced to leave.

The Moon is to do with innate, primal urges. Unconcious, dreams. He may want to fulfill his instincts, a strong sense of animals in the moon. He wants to get what he desires, and under the strange light of the Moon, these may be quite unusual, perverted or fetishy.

The Tower upright suggests an explosive change, but usually for the better. When reversed, this may suggest explosiove change, but not necessrily for the better. I don't like this card.

Devil in general outcome, not good.

Pleease don't meet him. Stay here with us :D

We much nicer :D

JennyM

This reading ranks up there with the one I did about the weird guy I kept running into last Summer. That one was all swords..8,9,10....and Death :) Anyway, that guy gave me the creeps even before I did the reading.

This reading seems much more strange in some way, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The weirdness here seems to be coming from his side of things...because my cards weren't that odd...but he wants MOON and he gets TOWER, reversed?

About the DEVIL, reversed...

The Devil is about powerful forces. Well, if it's reversed...could it be powerful and very negative forces?

Just so everyone knows....

Based on this reading I'm going to pass at a meeting. However, now I'm really curious about this guy. What does he want from me? What's going on in his head? What sort of person is he? (That might be a good question to ask)

Perhaps this should be in a new thread...but I thought it might provide just a bit of clarification to this very strange reading. I asked what type of person he is in general and I got:

Ace/Cups, reversed

AND

Sun

hmmm...

My first thought was...manic-depressive...or a drug user. He's someone who has big ups and downs.

TenOfSwords

Opinion:

Ace of Cups rev. + The Sun is a very charming emotional vampire, dazzling even. Don't touch.

Glass Owl

JennyM said:
This reading ranks up there with the one I did about the weird guy I kept running into last Summer. That one was all swords..8,9,10....and Death :) Anyway, that guy gave me the creeps even before I did the reading.

This reading seems much more strange in some way, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The weirdness here seems to be coming from his side of things...because my cards weren't that odd...but he wants MOON and he gets TOWER, reversed?[....]

Based on this reading I'm going to pass at a meeting. However, now I'm really curious about this guy.
You're right in trusting your instincts in this situation. It is good that you thought this through and not made a hasty choice. Whenever you feel *creeped* out, it's important to listen to that. I suspect that you would have probably reached the conclusion that both of this guys are ones to stay away from even without a reading. I think that the Tarot just helped confirmed your suspicions and made you feel more confident. Which is a great thing!

I see the Moon and Tower reversed combination in this spread as representing someone is set in their own ways and who (at least at the present time) is refusing to change or let go of what isn't working (he's in denial about something). I see this person as a moody individual often finds himself trapped by the past and stuck in a rut (perhaps by his own making)--and stubborn to a fault. He just sees things how he wants to see them and often doesn't want to let go of the fact that he isn't always right. I read on the net that the Tower reversed can represent a self-destructive personality or a person who is "setting one's self up for a fall", or at the very least "a rude awakening". And when you put the Tower reversed with the Moon this could very well lead into psychologicla or emotional problems, such as depression, addiction, or obsessive compulsive disorders. My hubby is a recovering addict (sober for over 5 years) and I see the Moon and Tower cards in his spreads from time to time along with the Devil, Knight of Cups, and the King of Cups.

It's also very interesting that for your other spread regarding this guy you drew the Ace of Cups reversed. At toniallen.co.uk I found these two tidbits of information:

"In tarot the heart chakra is symbolised by the Ace of Cups. Often you will find the Ace of Cups reversed close to The Tower card in a reading symbolising the broken heart."

"For one woman the Tower card reversed appeared when we were looking at her romantic situation. She desperately wanted a fulfilling relationship yet found it impossible to trust and feel love back from any partner. The Tower reversed implied that her heart chakra was blocked which was the cause behind the lack of loving sensation she experienced. We took cards for her past and the Ace of Cups reversed (broken heart) next to the Ten of Coins (family) indicated that her family had been unable to exhibit positive affection due to their own problems."

To me, the Ace of Cups reversed along with the Sun (keeping in mind the cards from the other reading) just confirms that his heart isn't responding, even in situation where he should be happy (the Sun). I just keep coming back to the idea of addiction, bipolar disorder (since we are seeing highs and lows here), or some unresolved past trauma.

Below is an article about Patricia Arquette and how she credits her intuition for
possibly saving her life!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say a woman's intuition never lies and Patricia Arquette would most likely agree. The actress - best known for her role on the TV show "Medium" - recently revealed she had an alarming encounter with a man she met years ago, but her gut feeling ultimately saved her from a potentially bad situation.

The 38-year-old says she almost dated this "really cute guy" as a young adult, but something about him made her look the other way. She explains an unexplainable feeling suddenly came over her when they met and there was just no trusting this strange man.

Unbeknownst to her at the time, listening to her intuition ultimately saved her life. The same man was later charged with killing a young girl.

She told USA Today, "When I was 18, I kissed this really cute guy, but something about him gave me the creeps. He was the first guy I ever gave a fake (phone) number to. Years later, he killed a girl. So you've got to trust your instincts!"

Elnor

The way I often see the Devil card is that it often links to our shadow- all the things about ourselves that we prefer not to acknowledge... and most certainly don't want others to know about.

For it to be reversed, would to me imply that not only does he not acknowledge what he would perceive to be his failings or shortcomings- he blames them on others... all of his issues are someone else's fault.

That could be the reason for the Sun- he thinks he's fine; but the reversed Ace of Cups points to emotional blocks and pain that he sees as being caused by other women he has had relationships with.

Both the Ace of Cups and the Moon are seen as very feminine images- he wants a relationship, but his idea of what that involves is very skewed... especially if he sees women stereotypically as being 'dark and mysterious', like the Moon.

I'd go with your intuition, if I was you...if you ever do meet him, please make sure you have someone else with you!

Elnor

mgrace

Details maybe not needed!

Hi! I think the details are an interesting exercise, but really, Stay home! (I think your prior thread listed the individual as a "friend." Nah, just some guy you met on the Internet, who's posing as such.) The advice is clear, eh? Great exploring / using our tools! Blessings, Grace

Dolphin_Dreamer

In one of my books the devil reversed means that you've 'let go of the chains that tied you to the devil" (upright it's more indicative of obsessions) so this would say to me that you pulled a Patricia Arquette, that in it's way this card is maybe telling or advising you to let go of this chain or that you will so there won't be a meeting...

zach bender

what you want, two pentacles
what you would get, eight cups reversed
what he wants, (18) moon
what he would get, (16) tower reversed
outcome, (15) devil

remembering that I did mention (15) devil in connection with the earlier spread

to me, the two pentacles simply states that you are weighing this
eight cups reversed not so much disappointment as an inability to let it go

while I do recognize that part of the mystique of tarot is supposed to be reading "future," and what is going on in someone else's mind, I tend to read the cards as talking about what is going on in the querent's life, right now. that having been said,

I would read (18) moon as talking about a rather strong sense of confusion and misperception and (16) tower reversed as a necessary disconnection that is not happening -- in brief, these are emphatic restatements of the first two cards.

and (15) devil as a repetition of the (14) temperance/(1) magician combination you had the first time around, falling into a self-destructive pattern.

to some extent, I am overriding your position assignments, but this is just the way I see these five cards.

zb

as far as the ace cups reversed/(19) sun thing, I kinda like the sociopath thing: he knows what he wants, but he does not connect to people