Mind, Body, Spirit

SonofSet

The first time the reading was a bit confusing but the next day I did a little meditation before hand and the reading was similar to the first reading but made perfect sense. Thank yoou for the adjustment!

Morwenna

This spread is a favorite of a friend of mine, who teaches this one first whenever she hosts a workshop. And she hosts workshops whenever an SCA-event organizer or science-fiction convention committee lets her get one into the program!

BTW, she's guildmistress of the East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild in the SCA.

Ivy Rhiannon

Oooh nice spread! i like rabid's and amanda's additions too! :D Definately going in the journal!

Soaring Eagle

Thanks Ivy Rhiannan for bringing this up. I also like this spread. I'm going to give it a try.

Ivy Rhiannon

Thanks Ivy Rhiannan for bringing this up. I also like this spread. I'm going to give it a try.

Np, just digging in the old spreads pile to see what new stuff I can find to try ;)

LaLaBella

I tried this spread on Sunday night with the additions of an Emotion card and I added all the numbers together to get a Major card to either put a cap on the other four or let me know something that the other four cards didn't tell me.
My beloved Fenestra deck stopped talking to me about 3 weeks ago so I started to blow the dust off all my other decks and none of those were talking to me either. Something told me to use the Robin Wood for this spread so I did.
They wouldn't shut up. Really.

Mind: Ace of Cups
Body: 6 of Cups reversed
Spirit: Queen of Wands (my significator)
Emotion: Knight of Swords
Total Number: 5 The Hierophant

Looked at the spread again today and learned even more.
Thank you for this spread.

Morwenna

I really like the idea of adding the numbers to get a Major that sums up the situation! Thank you!

Richard

It's a good spread. You could even make that into a 4 body spread. A card for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual state of a person. Might even be good for health reads.
That's the 4-card spread I almost always use when reading for myself.

lalalibra

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my variation of this spread...

I had been using the 4-card version (body, heart, mind, spirit), but
I have recently added a 5th card for "world"

I have looked at this fifth card as representing the environment, other people, energies and/or events which the spirit (body, heart, and mind) interact with and are surrounded by... as the spirit is a part of the world and vice versa. I find this addition to enhance my understanding of the other four cards as it creates a more dynamic interaction between them for the reading --- I examine whether or not aspects of body, heart, and mind are supportive of my expression of my spirit in the world.

I hope this is useful for someone! I am relatively new to the Tarot. This spread is usually my daily reading for myself and its one of my favorites.

Much love to all :)