mixing up the levels

star-lover

i've wanted to post this for along time but wasn't sure what i meant, i'm still not sure

there are levels i have read - physical emotional mental and spiritual

in your day to day life - ok , sorry, in my day to day life, i have mixed them up

is this normal??

i see something or someone says something and i dont know what level i should be reading that about

its draining and wrong

this morning my daughter said to me when i was parking the car to drop her off at school - she said - hurry up other people are waiting behind you

she meant drive off mum, my brain thought - erm - your spiritual work whatever is holding others behind

:(

i wish i wouldnt confuse all the levels - i mean, how to ??

maybe trying too hard

Milfoil

In some ways, you may be right to think on several levels at the same time. I do. I see the metaphors all around us all the time.

So, your daughter says you should be moving along literally which was probably true, you felt you should be moving along spiritually which is probably true, you could also think about how to pull out safely, how long to stay in one place before needing to move forward, how fast to drive, advice from the innocent/pure etc etc.

I was just sifting some ashes today and thinking, what message does this have for me? Sifting through old, burnt out things, using what is burned and almost gone to create a safe foundation for other things (burning charcoal/incense on) etc etc.

Why not see as many messages as you can?

star-lover

because seeing too many messages is a hard time - its not right its hard on yourself and that is not right - there is a balance between right and wrong - keep it

Milfoil

star-lover said:
because seeing too many messages is a hard time - its not right its hard on yourself and that is not right - there is a balance between right and wrong - keep it

I'm not sure I know what you mean?

star-lover

BECAUSE its hard sometimes and you cant deal with them all

thats all i was meaning

x

Milfoil

star-lover said:

BECAUSE its hard sometimes and you cant deal with them all

thats all i was meaning

x

I see, in that case, like meditation - just allow the different message to come to the front but then, let it go and move back to the main message. Try not to fight it.

:)

Nevada

I agree with what Milfoil is getting at -- that we can exist on all levels at once, and when we're in balance I think we can.
star-lover said:
But I would agree that probably seeing too many messages at once in what's going on around you is too difficult. Obviously, when one is driving a car, the physical here and now should take priority.

It seems to me that what you're talking about is more about prioritizing and attention management than anything else. Only you can decide on your priorities at any given moment. Maybe you need to take some quiet time and think of all the moments lately when this has been an issue for you, make those decisions in private without distractions, and then keep those priorities in mind when you're out and about.

For me personally, spiritual considerations are very important. But if they come up at odd moments and demand my attention when something else is going on, I have to give them second place to survival and safety, to important relationships, and to making a living or paying the bills.

If I'm not alive or can't be with my loved ones, or I can't afford a roof over my head, spirituality will be all I have -- I won't be able to do anything else. Then it would just be a prison, as long as I'm in this world.

Spirituality is important, and when nothing else is going on, it's my favorite thing to pay attention to. But this life is more important now, beginning with physical survival.

Nevada

star-lover

Milfoil said:
I see, in that case, like meditation - just allow the different message to come to the front but then, let it go and move back to the main message. Try not to fight it.

:)

why should i not fight it if its giving me a hard time???

star-lover

thanks nevada

that is so true - getting back to basics
but we are all so bigger and taller xxxxxx
but you are right
look after basic stuff and the rest can wait/follow
its grounding n securing -sheesh sorry

PAMUYA

This was a great post, I thought it was just me getting old ;). (I guess that could really be the reason).. Sometimes when people ask me a question or make a statement I have to think of how to take it, my mind goes in many directions. Recently everything seems to be a symbol or directing me somewhere. I just thought I might be losing it...LOL..I probably am.

Thank you..great post and answers!