More Button Readings

BodhiSeed

I've been collecting metal sewing buttons (and recently added to my collection thanks to AJ:heart:) and decided to use them as an oracle. I would like to practice with these, so I'm looking for three folks who would like readings. If you would give me a general idea about what you would like the reading to be about, I'll draw three buttons for you. Gentle feedback would be appreciated.:heart:

1.Obeygravity
2.Dasani
3.Nytebugg

obeygravity

This seems interesting! Never heard of button readings. Could I get one on love?

poivre

THANK YOU!!!
I NEED a reading right shortly!!!

We just found out our boat is missing.

Would you please send me any information you have about it?

:)
Thanks for the offer!

Nytebugg

can I get a reading about my love life?

BodhiSeed

obeygravity said:
This seems interesting! Never heard of button readings. Could I get one on love?

Each button has keywords and a quote; I'll comment after I list each one.

1st button:
Guitar : Mood (emotions, disposition)
When the music changes, so does the dance. ~ African Proverb
If your in the mood for love, go where there's music!:D Don't limit yourself to meeting someone in the clubs or bars; this also could include the symphony, music lessons, a musical (play), etc.

2nd button:
Claddagh : Loyalty (commitment, trustworthiness)
The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, love, do not require coupons. ~ Anonymous
You may want to look for friendship before you commit to love. A loyal friend can make an awesome, trustworthy lover later. Get to know someone well before making an emotional commitment; be sure they can be faithful in a relationship.

3rd button:
Goldfish: Nonresistance ( compliance, go with the flow)
That which offers no resistance, overcomes the hardest substances. That which offers no resistance can enter where there is no space. ~ Tao Te Ching
In some relationships you may want to be assertive, but this button seems to indicate the opposite. Go with the flow, instead of trying to force a relationship; the right one will come down the river eventually if you're patient.:)

BodhiSeed

Dasani said:
THANK YOU!!!
I NEED a reading right shortly!!!

We just found out our boat is missing.

Would you please send me any information you have about it?

:)
Thanks for the offer!

1st button:
Anchor : Stability (security, groundedness)
Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives. ~ Thomas S. Monson
It sounds like wherever the boat is, it is in a secure, safe place. Had to smile when I saw that was the first button considering the subject matter.:)

2nd button:
Zipper : Containment (restraint, silence)
The one who cannot restrain their anger will wish undone, what their temper and irritation prompted them to do. ~ Horace
Try not to let your worry cause you to react by saying or doing something you might regret until you find out the whole story. Let your logical mind lead rather than your emotions in uncovering the mystery of the boat's disappearance.

3rd button:
The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, love, do not require coupons. ~ Anonymous
This button makes me feel like your friend is indeed loyal, and would not do something to make you distrust him. If he's never given you reason to doubt him in the past, give him the benefit of the doubt now. But an explanation is necessary in this case!

Hope things turn out well for you!:heart:

poivre

Thank you! :)

I will send you feedback as soon as we get a call or
tomorrow after work.

Also, your reading sounds correct...
hope it is.

Your good with your buttons! :)

BodhiSeed

Nytebugg said:
can I get a reading about my love life?

1st button:
Four Directions : Harmony (balance, moderation)
Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ~ George Washington
This button made me think of the phrase "common bond." What do you enjoy, what makes you happy? Look for someone who shares these interests. Avoid the "opposites attract" thinking and look for harmony instead.

2nd button:
German Shepherd: Investigation (detection, search)
Make a proper investigation first. ~ Buddha
Definitely check someone out before you agree to date them, especially if this is an online romance. You don't have to fingerprint them, but some background from a reliable source or sources might be a good idea.

3rd button:
Acorn : Assistance (support, encouragement)*
The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. ~ Albert Schweitzer
You might ask for help from trusted friends or reliable coworkers when looking for a love interest. They might just know someone who is perfect for you!
*In case you're wondering how I came up with the keywords for acorn:
"Acorns, being too heavy for wind dispersal, require other elements to distribute them. Oaks therefore depend on biological seed dispersal agents to move the acorns beyond the mother tree and into a suitable area for germination, ideally a minimum of 20–30 m from the parent tree. Jays and squirrels that scatter-hoard acorns in caches for future use, effectively plant acorns in a variety of locations in which it is possible for them to germinate and thrive."

Nytebugg

bodhran said:

1st button:
Four Directions : Harmony (balance, moderation)
Cultivate peace and harmony with all. ~ George Washington
This button made me think of the phrase "common bond." What do you enjoy, what makes you happy? Look for someone who shares these interests. Avoid the "opposites attract" thinking and look for harmony instead.

2nd button:
German Shepherd: Investigation (detection, search)
Make a proper investigation first. ~ Buddha
Definitely check someone out before you agree to date them, especially if this is an online romance. You don't have to fingerprint them, but some background from a reliable source or sources might be a good idea.

3rd button:
Acorn : Assistance (support, encouragement)
The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. ~ Albert Schweitzer
You might ask for help from trusted friends or reliable coworkers when looking for a love interest. They might just know someone who is perfect for you!
thank you for the reading.
button 1: I like the quote. harmony and peace would be nice instead of the whole opposites thing. I do enjoy having a calm life.

button 2: Interesting. I can be a bit too trusting of people in general.

button 3: I have never had great luck with matches set up by friends but I am willing to give it another go.

obeygravity

bodhran said:

1st button:
Guitar : Mood (emotions, disposition)
When the music changes, so does the dance. ~ African Proverb
If your in the mood for love, go where there's music!:D Don't limit yourself to meeting someone in the clubs or bars; this also could include the symphony, music lessons, a musical (play), etc.

2nd button:
You may want to look for friendship before you commit to love. A loyal friend can make an awesome, trustworthy lover later. Get to know someone well before making an emotional commitment; be sure they can be faithful in a relationship.

3rd button:
Goldfish: Nonresistance ( compliance, go with the flow)
That which offers no resistance, overcomes the hardest substances. That which offers no resistance can enter where there is no space. ~ Tao Te Ching
In some relationships you may want to be assertive, but this button seems to indicate the opposite. Go with the flow, instead of trying to force a relationship; the right one will come down the river eventually if you're patient.:)

These are pretty lovely! The first makes me think of how I'm actually going to be going to my first concert in years in november with a close friend of mine. I'm really looking forward to it. I feel like it'll be a lot of good fun. I think it is also advice to get about making sure we're friends first. I do prefer it that way, anyway, because it does build a certain level of trust that you don't really get when you just meet and date immediately. And the third is, again, some good advice. I do have a tendency to want to control things and force things to happen, I don't really typically like the passive approach, but I feel like the passive approach is probably needed now. I have been quite patient for some time now, so hopefully I don't have to remain patient for too long, eh? :laugh: Thanks very much!