Most Unusual Oracle?

emmsma

There are many of us participating in round two of a flotsam and Jetsam oracle exchange. We are in groups - we find small items for our oracles. they can be anything. Stones, beads,shells,toys keys marbles.
whatever.

We exchange a few within our group. An oracle is born. :)

I'm just starting to receive the items from my group. Can't wait to start using these.

greatdane

Thanks, Marina and Emmsma!

Wow, Marina, thank you for sharing those images! I never realized those decks existed. Incredible images. I hope you share how you're getting on with these two are you use them!

Emmsma! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I would love to hear the different things you use in making oracles. As someone new to oracles, I'm really interested in what people come up with that is especially meaningful to them, and maybe a little off the regular beaten path. I hope you share your experience :))

Horace

I have a gumball machine oracle. It's up to about 30-40 pieces now. There's little rapper dudes for emotions and attitudes, they have great body language. Army men with binoculars, hairbrushes, tiny clocks, even a small Red PowerRanger.:) I'm always checking for different animals, too. I found a pink flamingo once. He and the PowerRanger=stand up for yourself, but walk gingerly doing it.haha

I think it's Ana Luisa that has a playmobile oracle that she's very good at. Hh

greatdane

Oh, I love that, Horace!

How wonderful to have an oracle like that. I so enjoy reading about what works for people and all the things people have that one might not immediately think to use as an oracle. I also admit to not having thought about a playmobile before. There are so many things we can obviously connect to and thank you for sharing those!

GD

Aulruna

Marina, I have actually translated a list of keywords for the Angels & Madonnas:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=110502

I have my own oracle made from small cast symbols. And I have used altered playing cards for a while ... adding scribbles to them and pasting images on because I just couldn't memorize their meanings...

Attachments

• oraclestones1.jpg
    oraclestones1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 138

greatdane

Those are beautiful, Aulruna!

I've never seen anything like those. May I ask if you found them in a shop, made them yourself or had them made? They're just lovely.

GD

greatdane

It's LOVELY!

I was familiar with the Transparent Tarot (a friend showed me a reading she had gotten with it, it was amazing!), but I wasn't familiar with the Transparent Oracle. I am so glad you shared some images!

That's what I love about AT, I find out about so many decks I didn't know about!

Blessings, Em.

GD

Aulruna

greatdane said:
I've never seen anything like those. May I ask if you found them in a shop, made them yourself or had them made? They're just lovely.

GD

Made them myself! I love designing oracles.

Of course, Emily's Transparent is groundbreaking... wonderful for everything from divination to meditation to just getting lost in the possibilities...

zannamarie

I think if you search under the Divination category you'll find scores of different types of oracles as well as readings done using them.

I've read with animal crackers/biscuits (pulled some from a bag, dropped them on the table, and read them).

I also have a collection of stones from a local lake I've used for readings.

I created an oracle from 60 photos I'd taken and have several reading threads on AT where I've read for others using it.

People have done readings on AT using coffee beans, post cards, sea shells, candy conversation hearts, jelly beans, crystal skulls, toothpicks, and many other oracles.