moths and dead trees

BrightEye

I dreamt I was on a walk with my man and we passed through a very strange landscape: there were dead trees or what looked like dead trees, small and twisted. Pupas of various sizes were hanging from the tree. Moths were hatching from most of them, except one. My man inspected a large one. We didn't know what it was at first but it seemed to me like a pupating queen bee. I felt this was really amazing because I'd never seen a queen bee before. But the dead wood was strange and slightly threatening. And then we carried on walking towards another wood, one that was alive but very dark.

The pupating obviously alludes to some kind of change that's going on in my life, possibly my relationship too, and the dark wood maybe my fear of the unknown ahead of us. Is the queen bee me? Something the man in my life doesn't understand? Any other thoughts?

214red

moths also differ from butterflies in that they are nocturnal, so they represent the same thing, but the addition of being linked to the moon and to the night.
trees can represent your own growth both physically with health and spiritually, the condition of the trees suggest your not nurturing yourself, trees need water and sunlight to grow.
i think the man is not an actual man but a masculine side of you that needs intergration, at the moment he is linked to you, but not accepted as part of you, you lean on someone else to get that.
the queen bee is also about you letting out your own 'queen bee' and you know a queen is the head of the bees, it leads and doesnt follow. i dont know the symbology of bees, but i can imagine its important that its a queen not a worker bee.

i would say you have something big coming, and this is a big change, this is all about you and currently your scared of it, but you need to take care of yourself both psychically and emotionally. dont be scared as the moth can navigate the dark, and so can you with their help you will come out the other side a queen

BrightEye

This animus thing is interesting. I went to sleep being afraid of the future and how I would work things out in my life, how I would move forward. In the dream he actually went ahead of me into the dark wood at the end. But it was me who knew what was in the pupa.

214red

This animus thing is interesting. I went to sleep being afraid of the future and how I would work things out in my life, how I would move forward. In the dream he actually went ahead of me into the dark wood at the end. But it was me who knew what was in the pupa.
it looks like your dreams are reflecting or helping you intergrate the masculine parts of you into yourself.
also the masculine part is action moving forward, but the feminine receptiveso knew about the queen bee

BrightEye

Yes, I think my animus needs work. I'm sh*t scared of taking action, but I know I need to and I need to move into the unkown if I want to realize some of my dreams.