My Deck Just Arrived - I Feel Strange

Kris Hughes

Hi folks -
A few of you might remember me, and that I was creating an oracle deck. I really enjoyed that process, even though I didn't end up sharing the process here. (There just aren't enough hours in the day to discuss everything I love doing on forums LOL!)

So anyway, it's done. At the moment, I only wanted a deck for myself, to read with. Maybe someday I'll sell it, we'll see. Today the cards arrived in the post. They turned out exactly as I wished, with the possible exception of size (they are the larger size from Custom Cards), but the size was what I was expecting. Yet, where I thought I might feel incredibly happy to finally hold them in my hands, I feel kind of numb and sad.

I suppose I was so enjoying the process of creating them, that now I'm a little lost... did this ever happen to any of you?

Thanks for listening.

AJ

You KNOW we'd love to see your creation.

I am a quilter and I know the feeling. I love putting the last stitches in the binding, but there is also a little melancholy in being finished with a piece of art that may have taken me 3 or 4 hundred hours.

But then my brain kicks in and I think...hey...now I can start anew.

Winterchild

Absolutely

Yes Kris... I know that exactly..... I think it goes to underline the saying *The journey is the destination....* Indeed it is..... Expectation is so much a huge part of the let down of realisation in many ways... sometimes it is best that the journey doesnt end...

Hey.... enjoy your Oracle, share it, play and have fun and reap some rewards and then start on your next project! Or... put it in a draw..leave it for a while and go play with something else. Its time will come...

Congratulations, you have created something, made a mark on your friends and family who get to share it... experience the joy of that,

Kris Hughes

The thing is, I'm not an artist or graphic designer, really. It's not a big interest. I just HAD to create this deck - and yeah, there might be another project ahead, but not another deck, I think. It's been a long time since I did something that was so enjoyable at every turn.

I have a Facebook page for my readings, you can see a lot of the cards there, and get a feel for the images, if you'd like. https://www.facebook.com/deeperreadings is the address.

Kris Hughes

I once heard an educational consultant talking about how some people love beginnings, others love middles, and others love endings. I know I'm a middles person. I love being in the thick of carrying a project forward, where I can see the overall plan and just roll up my sleeves. The fact is, I tend to take on things that are open ended, things that just go forward endlessly. Finishing something has been such a shock!

Chronata

You need to read with them!

That's a sure cure for making that feeling go away, and bringing on the excitement of holding your own creation in your hands.

I too have had this.

Doing readings...especially for other people really helps.

Winterchild

Endings

I once heard an educational consultant talking about how some people love beginnings, others love middles, and others love endings. I know I'm a middles person. I love being in the thick of carrying a project forward, where I can see the overall plan and just roll up my sleeves. The fact is, I tend to take on things that are open ended, things that just go forward endlessly. Finishing something has been such a shock!

How interesting.... ! I am a kind of muddle headed, brain overflowing person that needs calm surroundings, I dont like sterile but I like some kind of order and cleanliness in my surroundings... (pretty hard to go for organised, but I try.....), however when I have been in the process of doing up houses, ongoing renovations etc, I have been very happy indeed..against everything I believed I could be!!

Nowt so queer as folk, as they say.

Kris Hughes

Chronata - I'm sure you're right! I have plans to do just that, too. I've been doing some email readings, but since they weren't printed, I was just using a "dummy" deck with the names of the cards written on card.

Now I will start reading for people in person. I've booked a booth at a local holistic fair, and a friend is hosting a little soiree for me a few weeks before that so I can do some free readings for her friends to get into the whole face-to-face thing. I know that this will change everything, as I've really missed seeing the images when I was doing the email readings.

Chronata

That sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

It takes your deck to the next stage on the journey...you will ending up being surprised and delighted and completely confused, and it's totally worth it!

tarotlyn

:heart::) Kris...another way to deal with this feeling is to start 'another' deck :D
...that will surely fix the problem...i know it has for me :):thumbsup:

:heart: Good luck with your readings...
Lyn