need help interpreting this

ericadoe

I did this for a middle aged male friend of mine. A Celtic Cross, with positions as follows:
1- 4/cups
2- Empress
3- 7/swords
4- King/wands
5- 9/coin
6- The Lovers
7- 6/cups
8- The Chariot
9- Queen/wands
10- The Devil
I drew 3 more cards as clarifying cards:
4/coin, The Hanged Man, and The Star
The bottem card of the deck was the ace/swords
I thought is was odd that I would pull this mix for him, his question was how to balance his work life (he's a bit stresses). I read the cards to mean that he has good financial balance based on his past experiences, but he is having trouble with his emotions (love/relationship). He needs to set some boundries for himself after he decides what it is he is looking for. Card 4 definately represents this man - it would be a significator for him if I had to chose one. I told him I would look into the spread a little more to see if there is something more to it. Is it perhaps that he is stressed because he does not have a significant other? What am I not seeing here? Please give any advice, it would be appreciated.

Rhiannon

ericadoe,

Here's what I figured...My very first impression after laying out the cards was that he was perhaps interested in starting a relationship with someone at work.

The 4 of cups says to me that he's not quite satisfied with the way things are going but with the Empress on top of that I'd say that he does feel secure in his job. The 7 of Swords said to me that perhaps he feels like his work is a thief and stealing time from a possible social life. The King of Wands was in the past (the way I lay out the cards) so I was thinking that perhaps he acted rashly regarding a relationship in the past and now he is cautious.

The Nine of Coins suggests that he will be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor and the lovers indicates a partnership of some kind in the future.

The 6 of cups says to me that he is dwelling on the past. Perhaps afraid of past mistakes. The Chariot shows me that others think he'd be able to control the problems a relationship with a co-worker might cause. And the Queen of Wands I took to be the person he's interested in. With the Devil in the Final outcome I thought that he is sorely tempted to approach this person but he's afraid to at the same time.

These are just my initial impressions. My next thought was that perhaps he'd received another job offer from someone and he was tempted by that but was afraid to lose the security he already has.

I hope this helps. Please let me know!

Rhiannon :)