Need opinions regarding Business Card

sweet_intuition

Hey All,

Okay, I'm gonna print out a batch of new business cards in a week or two. Now earlier on, I designed a business card myself and decided to use that. However, although I got a nice response on how it looked, I wonder if it was giving the right kinda impression.

So I'm in twin minds... should I stick with the same card I'm using... or should I go in for a completely new design. If the later, then what would be the most "effective".

I've attached a sample of the card that I'm currently using.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Thank You

Love and Blessings

:)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 154

Sinduction

Well, what kind of impression are you looking for? I think that card looks nice.

MareSaturni

I think your card looks very great. Very professional. I don't think it shows a mystic feeling, but i know many people don't want to show this kind of feeling...

I think it looks beautiful, elegant and serious. Makes me think of someone who takes their business seriously.

My opinion.

afrosaxon

I like it...it's funky, it's colorful (in a low-key way), and it would make me keep it in a place where I wouldn't lose it.

IMHO, I wouldn't expect the business cards of a reader to look like those of a corporate CEO. :D

T.

jmd

I try to look at these things with the most critical of eyes in terms of content especially - I'm never good at judging colours.

Layout is clear.

Content is more than it needs to be, or duplicated.

Here are some suggestions (and of course, they are merely for consideration - for after all, the card needs to reflect you, not me).

Do you need "Mystical Counsellor"? Why add 'mystical'?

Instead of "Tarot card reader, etc.", why not the simpler:
Tarot, Astrology, Numerology, Crystal & Colour Therapy​
Instead of "To Book etc...", I'd suggest the simpler: "By Appointment".

And replacing 'Call' with "Tel." (or "phone").

One last point - it looks great on screen.... how does it look on card? at times, what may work on screen may not not as well on card stock, especially if the black has to be added (as ink).

Whatever your decision, it remains something with which you need to feel comfortable! :)

Grizabella

I agree with jmd. Get rid of "Mystical Counsellor". Use "Tarot, Astrology, Numerology, Color/Crystal Therapy"

Then at the bottom simply put "Phone" and "Email"

Personally, I don't think you even need all that much. Just use your name, phone number and email. But that's if you're going to hand out the cards after readings or in other situations where people will know you read the cards. If you plan to leave stacks of cards around for advertisement where they wouldn't know, then use the other stuff.

MareSaturni

I don't see why the prejudice against the "Mystical Counsellor" thing, if he sees himself this way and that's how he works...

Personally, i don't think it looks un-professional. But i'm unexperienced, maybe you should listen to others instead of me...

Grigori

I'd loose the border. It seems a bit computer-gamey to me, which makes me think of 15 year olds with acne and a love of games with fireworks. Sorry, that reads very harshly I know, but that is the image that I get from it.

Maybe also the squares could change. I LOVE the colors, and having the top two sections with the yellow and green in contrast, looks fantastic. But the bottom two making the checkers pattern not so great for me...

Your logo is fantastic!

raheli

I just did mine as well, after consultation with my boyfriend, who said where do you WANT to read, I said I'd love to do day spas and hens nights. He said well then make a card that would appeal to that crowd then.

So I did and this is what I eventually came up with.
The Ginko design is my own screen print, I use it on bags journals, gift cards as well.

So my advice it to think of the clientele you want to attract when designing your business card.

kind regadrs,
R.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 120

jmd

Very nice and balanced, raheli - with all the information required and no more.